Framingham, MA Category:
Thu Nov 4 2021 Job Description:
Framingham State University is a small, regional, public, co-ed
4-year Masters designated institution located 20 miles west of
Boston, MA. Known as the first public normal school in America, we
continue to focus on education, with large numbers of students
enrolled as business and psychology majors. Total enrollment
reaches approximately 6,400 with approximately 600 incoming
first-year and 300 incoming transfer students. The Office of New
Student and Family Programs at Framingham State University serves
new students and families as they transition to the FSU
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the recruiting and hiring processes for two
student-leadership positions: Black and Gold Orientation Leaders
and Foundations Peer Mentors.
- Assist with the coordination, implementation, and oversight of
May Transfer Orientation, First-Year and Transfer Student
Orientations in June, August First-Year and Transfer
- Serve as part of the supervising team for Orientation Leaders
and assist with development, planning, and facilitation of
Orientation Leader training.
- Develop and implement a consistent social media plan (Twitter,
Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat) throughout the spring semester
- Serve as a mentor and role model for orientation staff and
- Provide logistical support to professional and student staff
- Assist with development and implementation of Family/Guest
- Assist with office communication, including but not limited to:
mailings, e-mails, and phone calls.
- Provide logistical and office support throughout the spring
semester and summer.
- Develop and manage a project of the Graduate Assistant's choice
related to orientation, new student transition, or student
- Duties subject to change as necessary in response to COVID-19
- Interested applicants should be enrolled in a Higher Education
Administration/College Student Personnel/Student Affairs or
relevant Higher Education graduate program and should have
completed at least one semester by the start of the Graduate
Assistantship in February 2022.
- Applicants should be familiar with student development and have
experience with student-leadership positions.
- Demonstrated communication and organization skills
- Experience in orientation, training student-leaders, and new
Spring Semester: 8 hours per week through the Spring
semester. Hours are flexible based on graduate student's
Summer: 18-40 hours per week from May 16-August 19 with
flexible hours required during training and orientation days.
This is a part-time non-benefited, contract position, not to
exceed 8 hours per week during the spring semester. During peak
orientation related activities for 4 weeks, hours will increase to
38 hours per week. The pay rate is $14.25 per hour.
It is the policy of Framingham State University that all
employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 before they begin
employment. Proof of the COVID-19 vaccine is required of all
individuals hired by FSU, to be verified after a verbal offer of
employment has been accepted, and before employment begins.
Prospective employees may submit a request for a medical or
religious exemption to the COVID-19 vaccination requirement to
Human Resources. Furthermore, FSU employees must wear a mask inside
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual
offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final
employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans,
persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity
and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.