Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
The Director of Information Technology supervises and participates
in the daily operations of our IT department to meet the
information technology needs of faculty, staff, and students,
including directing the daily workflow of the College’s IT staff.
The Director serves as technical lead for the college, ensuring the
stability, currency, and security of all technology; e.g. computer
labs (virtual and physical), audio/video equipment, printers, web
servers, database servers, license severs, and file servers. The
Director of Information Technology must be able to identify user
needs, research and effect procedures for accomplishing tasks;
coordinate closely and communicate regularly with administrative
staff regarding services needed and provide technical
Managing IT staff to:
- Provide advanced onsite helpdesk and desktop support;
- Maintain staff, faculty, classroom, and administrative
equipment in all Westphal College facilities;
- Maintain and upgrade the college’s computing systems as needed,
including operating systems, software updates, servers, and
- Create and maintain computer images for all desktop
- Assist with resolution of network and classroom technology
- Assist with use of classroom audiovisual equipment for
- Negotiating hardware and software purchases on behalf of
programs, departments, and the college.
- Planning and recommending necessary software, hardware, and
systems upgrades to College and departmental administration.
- Working with Drexel IT for major system upgrades, implementing
new operating systems, etc.
- Initiating and assisting faculty and staff with the procurement
process, including quotes, specs, software, etc.
- Authoring and managing creation and documentation of IT systems
and related equipment.
- Keeping current with equipment, programs and system software to
evaluate user problems.
- Master’s Degree, IT, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Three years of administering enterprise support, systems
management, print, and access control applications.
- Three years experience supervising IT staff
- Extensive knowledge of server and workstation operating systems
(Windows, macOS, Linux).
- Extensive knowledge of server application and service
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Clearly and effectively expresses ideas and thoughts (verbally
and in writing).
- The ability to act quickly, decisively, and calmly in a
- Experience with procurement processes and contract negotiations
with hardware/software vendors. Experience in higher education
University City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt
with a salary grade of
For more information regarding Drexel’s
Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter
when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool
Nov 11 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Dec 11 2021 Eastern Standard Time