Adjunct Faculty of Computer Science
Position's Functional Title
AY21-22 Adjunct Faculty of Computer Science
Position Start Date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Governors State University seeks to create an available pool of
Adjunct Faculty candidates for the College of Arts and Sciences to
teach courses in Computer Science. The major responsibilities of an
adjunct faculty member are to teach computer science and
Information Technology courses. Adjunct faculty should be able to
support their course online and use appropriate software
At Governors State University, adjunct faculty are hired as
temporary faculty with teaching responsibilities for a specific
course in a semester or summer session. Adjuncts are not a part of
the faculty bargaining unit and are not included in membership of
the Faculty Senate.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is
- Two years of teaching or in field professional employment.
- Possesses excellent communication, problem-solving, and
- Doctorate degree and prior higher-education teaching experience
- Industry Certificates
Open Until Filled
Type of Search
Quicklink for Posting
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a
- * Briefly list your area(s) of research or teaching
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience teaching at the undergraduate level?
- * Do you have teaching experience at the graduate level?
- * Experience teaching in online/hybrid delivery?
- * Please select your availability to teach.
- Days only
- Evenings only
- Weekends only
- Days and Evenings only
- Days, Evenings and Weekends
- Evenings and Weekends only
- Online only
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of Three Professional References
- Letter of Recommendation
- Writing/Media Samples
- Certification/Professional License
- Teaching Philosophy
- Research Documents
- Veteran’s/Military Preference Points Documentation