The Gift Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely
processing and reporting of all central development financial data,
primarily related to gifts and pledges. In addition, the Specialist
assists with gift processing system set-up and may participate in
related informational training sessions for other development and
alumni relations staff.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- The Gift Specialist reports directly to the Assistant Director,
- The Gift Specialist interacts directly with team members in the
Office of Development and Alumni Relations, the Finance Office, and
the WAMU 88.5 American University radio station as requested.
Required Education and Experience
- Full Time
- Associate B
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- 2 years of experience with, and knowledge of, working with a
- Spreadsheet, data entry, and word processing proficiency;
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to meet
- Meticulous manner and strict attention to detail;
- Ability to identify and articulate software problems and
communicate those to the appropriate staff;
- A positive and collaborative professional philosophy,
recognizing that the functions of this role are integral to the
achievement of the division’s development and alumni relations
goals and objectives;
- Interest in fundraising and alumni relations priorities, best
practices, basic industry vocabulary, and general operations;
- Must understand the technical implications of his/her work on
the division’s mission;
- Unquestionable discretion and ability to process confidential
information in a timely, accurate, and professional manner;
- Ability to work successfully with persons from diverse
- Maturity, sound judgment, and ability to handle multiple tasks
simultaneously in a deadline-oriented environment.
- This position may require occasional evening and weekend work
for time-sensitive projects and participation in scheduled
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful
completion of a background check.
- To ensure the health and safety of our community AU requires
COVID-19 vaccinations for faculty and staff. Click here to learn
more about our health and safety directive.
Current American University Employees:
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at
American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU
portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which
will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University
careers site, email email@example.com .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action
institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and
regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal
appearance, gender identity and expression, family
responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran
status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases
under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its
programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: