BCI is seeking terminally degreed (PhD) faculty in data science
who are national leaders in their fields of study and who have
previous experience teaching adult learners in an online platform.
Previous experience teaching international students (notably Middle
Eastern students) is desired.
Successful candidates will adhere to all BCI faculty
expectations, including but not limited to:
- Participating in the online classroom a minimum of five days
per week, including one weekend day.
- Conducting a minimum of seven live, hour-long lectures per term
using Blackboard Collaborate.
- Grading and providing detailed feedback on all assignments
(critical thinking assignments and discussion board) within 72
hours of assignment due date. This includes in-depth feedback
specific to the critical thinking assignment rubrics.
- Actively responding to student emails and requests within 24
Skills and Qualifications:
- Communicate effectively with students via Blackboard or similar
Learning Management System (LMS).
- Be a scholar in data science or a closely related
- Preferred additional qualifications are listed below:
- Have hands-on experience using two or more of the following
tool sets: Python/Anaconda/Pandas, R/R Studio/associated analytics
libraries, or Hadoop/Hive/Spark/Pig.
- Participate in academic conferences related to the data science
field (such as those put forth by the ACM, AIS, INFORMS or DSI
- Working experience in data science/analytics that includes data
modeling, predictive analytics, machine learning, or AI.
- Membership in data science related organization(s).
- Experience in developing and teaching data science courses for
an online program.
- Experience teaching or working in the Middle East a plus.
- BCI/International program courses are 16 weeks in length,
currently taught in two sessions per year.
- Course appointments are awarded on a term-to-term basis.
- Employment is considered part-time on a per-assignment
- Compensation is competitive and is based on student
- Background checks and reference checks are required of all
For full consideration, an application must include a cover
letter, CV, teaching philosophy, and unofficial graduate
transcripts. Your CV should clearly indicate the following
- Course codes, titles, and dates of college/university courses
- Publications listed in APA format
- Dates and titles of conference presentations
- University and community engagement
- International student online teaching experience
- International work experience