To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen,
then click the “Next” button or select the page in the left hand
navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all
necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources,
you must go to the “Posting Summary Page” by clicking on the “Next”
button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting
Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page
appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list
of possible approval step options.
Academic Assistant - Graduate School of Nursing
School of Nursing
37.5 Hour Work Week
8:15 am – 4:30 pm M-F with occasional evenings and weekend
Hours per Week
Months per Year
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University embraces inclusiveness, equity, and
global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence
through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and
staff. Application by members of diverse groups is
We are an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action
Purpose of Position
This position is to support the day to day administrative functions
of the Northern Kentucky University, School of Nursing. The
academic programs necessitating this hire are associated dominantly
with the accelerated online programs, which are experiencing
dramatic growth. Additionally, there is a need to have additional
administrative support as mandated by the Kentucky Board of Nursing
to support the growth. There is a need to scale the college
infrastructure to meet the academic demands accompanying this
This position is a vital component to making the College of Health
& Human Services ( CHHS ) operate efficiently and
Administrative Support for undergraduate & graduate programs in
the CHHS School of Nursing to include:
• Maintain adjunct faculty tracking spreadsheets in Excel (on
shared K Drive).
· Keep up to date faculty information, monitor required onboarding
trainings for new adjuncts each 7 weeks, update/maintain adjunct
faculty access to Canvas.
· Monitor syllabi uploads for nursing courses each 7-week term and
disseminate reports to program directors.
· Communicate with students and faculty on a regular basis via
email and telephone calls.
· Assist in the entering and maintenance of the course schedules
for accelerated online programs.
· Track doctoral student enrollment in DNP project courses each
semester; assist faculty cohort leads with organizing final project
presentations; ensure all project paperwork is completed with
Office of Graduate Education for graduation clearance.
· Collect and upload course summaries for each nursing course every
semester and/or 7-week term and disseminate reports to program
· Provide reporting related to course coach and adjunct usage to
include tracking of required trainings.
· Assist with NC SARA reporting.
· Assist with annual program handbook maintenance.
· Work with advisors to complete letters of good standing, HRSA,
and other forms to verify enrollment as needed.
· Collect, track, and monitor graduate student incomplete
Support other responsibilities, as needed.
High school and 2 years of experience required. Computer skills,
with proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint,
etc.). Requires excellent time management, interpersonal, and
communication skills, as well as the ability to adapt to change
quickly Close attention to detail, organizational skills,
confidentiality and the ability to prioritize are essential.
Application review begins immediately.
Any candidate offered this position is required to go through a
pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state
Northern Kentucky University is an Equal Opportunity/Equal
Access/Affirmative Action institution. We embrace inclusiveness,
equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek
excellence through diversity among our students, administrators,
faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is
High School Diploma
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Is this an internal only posting?
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- * Describe your experience working in a fast-paced environment
with multiple directors and deadlines.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your overall computer knowledge and what
software you are comfortable using.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What are your strengths/achievements/additional
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application