The Associate Director will assist the Director of Student
Financial Services in the administration of federal, state, and
institutional financial aid programs. They will assist in
developing and applying policies and procedures for Student
Financial Services. The Associate Director will manage operational
staff in the department and coordinate training and development.
The position will oversee all operations related to financial aid
awarding, verification processing, VA programs, and student
employment. The Associate Director will work closely with IT and
the Director on updating and maintaining Colleague as it relates to
financial aid processes.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises SFS operational staff and provides development and
support as needed.
- Oversees the awarding process including manual
awarding/adjusting of financial aid packages.
- Assists in administering federal and state programs and
coordinates regular reconciliation.
- Manages the application of the Federal Work Study program and
other student employment.
- Oversees the administration of VA programs including counseling
- Assists with administration of programs like tuition waiver,
remission, and others as needed.
- Works with Director on creating, revising, and applying
policies and procedures for SFS .
- Coordinates regular SFS reporting and identifies areas of
improvement within the department.
- Assists Director with audits, reporting, and other compliance
areas as needed.
- Regularly review and update SFS documents, publications, and
website as needed.
- Reviews and applies professional judgments in accordance with
federal and institutional policies.
- Develops, maintains, and presents training materials to staff
and assists with hiring when needed.
- Participates in on-campus functions/activities as needed. Some
- Assists with FA counseling as needed, especially in areas
related to responsibilities.
- Works closely with Director and staff to identify and
prioritize areas of improvement.
- Attends trainings and conferences in key areas and maintains an
understanding of trends.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement and
supports mission, vision, and values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in financial aid
• Supervisory experience required.
• Strong communication and technical skills.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in financial aid administration
(private college preferred).
- Supervisory experience required.
- Colleague experience strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and technical skills.
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather
conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to
10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force
frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or
otherwise move object.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please be aware that as a continued emphasis on keeping our
community safe and healthy, we will require all faculty, staff, and
students to submit verification of full vaccination for COVID
Please provide 3 references, including name, phone number and
email. This may be included in applicant’s cover letter or optional
Elmhurst University is a leading institution of higher education
that seamlessly blends liberal learning and professional
preparation to help students reach their full potential. Elmhurst
University offers more than 70 undergraduate majors, 15 graduate
programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the
acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults
with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst University is one of the
Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World
Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank
Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher
Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical
component of the University’s mission, vision and core values. Our
commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher
learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst
University is an EO Employer. Elmhurst University prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal
employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard
to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status,
disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Direct Link to this Posting