University Provost and SVP for Academic Affairs
Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ
University Provost Office-Metro
Hiring Manager Title:
Commensurate with Experience
Reporting to the President, the University Provost and Senior Vice
President for Academic Affairs is the chief academic officer of the
University and, along with the Academic Deans and Directors, is
responsible for managing the University’s academic budget.
Moreover, after the President, the University Provost is the
second-most senior officer at the University and, in the
President’s absence, serves as the lead spokesperson for the
The University Provost fosters collaboration across the University
and manages changes in policies and practices that affect the
academic life of the University as a whole. In addition, the
University Provost works closely with the Senior Vice President for
University Operations, Senior Vice President for Finance and
Administration, Vice President for Enrollment, Planning and
Effectiveness, Academic Deans and Directors, and leadership of the
Faculty Senate to manage the internal operations of the University,
and with the President and Senior Vice President for University
Advancement to determine and align the fundraising priorities of
the University with its strategic plan, especially as they relate
to academic programming and priorities.
The University Provost provides the academic leadership necessary
to achieve the highest standards of teaching and learning, research
and scholarship, and student success at each of the University’s
campuses—domestic and international campuses. The University
Provost also promotes faculty development and curricular program
innovation, and fosters positive and productive relationships among
faculty and staff.
At present, the University Provost is focused on organizational
change with the goal of improving efficiency in the delivery of
academic programs across the University, cross-faculty
collaboration, the integration of academic and administrative
computing services, assessment of student learning and
institutional effectiveness, core institutional values and assets,
and the general well-being of the University community.
As the chief academic officer of the University, the University
Provost is responsible for leadership of the faculty and academic
program development—including community outreach programs,
oversight of institutional and program accreditations, and
promoting scholarly and other pertinent activities. In addition,
the University Provost is deeply committed to promoting practices
that are designed to facilitate student engagement. Such practices
include capstone experiences, student research, experiential
learning, and study abroad—to name a few.
Reporting directly to the University Provost are the following
positions or offices:
· Vancouver Campus Executive and Dean of Wroxton College [with dual
reporting lines to the President for certain budget and other
· Academic Deans and Directors
· University Librarian
· Vice Provost for Academic and International Affairs
· Associate Provost for Institutional Research and Assessment
· Associate Provost for Educational Resources and Assessment
· University Director of Career Development
· University Director of Grants & Sponsored Projects
· Petrocelli Center for Continuing Studies
· Center for Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
· Daniel and Martina Lewis Center for Healthcare Innovation and
1. Earned doctorate or terminal degree in a discipline appropriate
to the University.
2. Demonstration of a deep commitment to the liberal arts tradition
and to areas of professional study, as well as to the integration
3. Record of accomplishment and eligibility for tenure and a senior
academic appointment, preferably at the rank of full
4. A strong record of leadership as a faculty member, scholar, and
5. Demonstrated financial and budget management skills.
6. Record of increasing responsibility in academic
7. A deep knowledge of higher education trends.
8. Capacity to manage a large, multi-campus organization with a
diverse faculty, staff, and student body, as evidenced by a clear
record of successful senior-level administrative experience in
higher education, preferably at a similarly complex
9. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
10. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing a
background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please review The Angeletti Group Profile for the University
Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs at
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Other Document