Admin Asst for Academic and Disability Support Services
Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ
Acad Advising and Stu Supp Srv - Metro
Hiring Manager Title:
Director, Academic Support and Disability Support Services
$613.18 Weekly Minimum
The Administrative Assistant for Academic and Disability Support
Services provides advanced and diversified secretarial and
administrative support services to the Director. Responsibilities
include: coordination of daily office activities; communicating
office policies, procedures and practices to the university
community; monitoring and maintaining various fiscal records;
computerized data management; use of electronic mail; scheduling
appointments; maintenance of tutoring appointment records;
coordinating tutors’ evaluation (completed by students); compiling
information for research; and coordinating various special projects
as assigned. The incumbent also assists the Director in
coordinating academic accommodations for students with
1. Completion of specific commercial courses related to general
office, secretarial, and administrative skills or demonstrated
equivalency through work experience.
2. A minimum of 2 years of experience in an administrative
environment including office oversight responsibilities, and
experience with fiscal record keeping. At least one year of
experience working with persons with disabilities, particularly in
an educational setting, strongly preferred.
3. Personal computer proficiency for word processing, spreadsheet,
desktop publishing, database and other related computer
applications, preferably in Microsoft Office Suite.
4. Strong oral and written communications and interpersonal skills,
with the ability to work effectively with a diverse population of
students, faculty, staff and administrators.
5. Organizational skills to effectively plan work activities,
schedules, priorities, and utilization of resources.
6. Ability to maintain the confidentiality of students’ information
strictly in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act ( FERPA ) regulations.
7. Willing and able to work occasional non-standard hours as
required, including evenings and weekends.
8. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing
the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter