This position is for a full-time, 9-month, non-tenure-track
Assistant Clinical Professor to teach undergraduate and
graduate-level courses, both face-to-face and online in the
secondary education teacher preparation program.
Please see Staff Compensation Structure
Skilled Crafts and Service
Maintenance Compensation Schedule
for salary ranges. For salary
grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are
determined by the hiring department.
Please see the departmental webpage at
Area of Specialization:
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 16, 2022
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Teach four classes each spring and fall semester in the
Department of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education.
2) Advise secondary education students.
3) Participate in departmental activities as assigned.
4) Demonstrate a high commitment to quality teaching.
5) Work effectively with students and colleagues.
6) Serve on departmental committees.
7) Perform other duties as assigned.
1) An earned doctorate in Curriculum & Instruction and
demonstration of potential in areas of teaching and advising.
2) Licensed to teach mathematics, grades 7-12.
3) Three years of teaching experience.
4) Technology skills required for online instruction.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
- Classroom and advising experience beyond the minimum
- Knowledge of program requirements for educators.
- Teaching experience in higher education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with a
diverse group of individuals.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Applicants must apply online and attach an updated curriculum vitae
which includes at least four professional references with complete
contact information, copies of unofficial transcripts, and a cover
letter addressed to Dr. Janice Nicholson, Interim Department Head,
MSU Mailstop 9705, 310 Allen Hall, MS State, MS 39762.
All but dissertation applicants with completed coursework will be
Any social security numbers included on the requested transcripts
should be redacted prior to submitting them online.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age,
sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender
identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status
protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and
applications from women, members of any minority group, and others
who share our passion for building a diverse community that
reflects the diversity in our student population.
What do I do if I need an accommodation?
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a
disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to
apply for a position with Mississippi State University, please
contact the Department of Human Resources Management at tel: (662) 325-3713
If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the
Department of Human Resources Management at (662) 325-3713
request, sections of this job listing are available in large print,
and readers are available to assist the visually impaired.