Assistant Men's and Womens Diving Coach
Athletics and Physical Education
Duration of Position:
Academic year / Part time
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly
selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar
is deeply committed to fostering a community that reflects the
values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment
of equality, diversity and inclusiveness. Vassar seeks to create a
pluralistic community for all staff, faculty and students. Vassar
College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, and
applications from women, individuals with disabilities and members
of historically underrepresented groups are especially
encouraged. Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free
campus. Note: Vassar College has a universal vaccination
policy requiring a COVID-19 vaccination for all employees except
for those exempt for medical or religious reasons.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Vassar College invites applications for the position of Assistant
Men's and Women's Diving Coach. This is a part-time, non-benefits
eligible, ten-month position. The individual will report to the
Head Men's and Women's Swimming & Diving Coach. Weekend,
holiday, early morning and/or late evening hours are
The successful candidate
will assist the head coach in all aspects of a competitive and
inclusive NCAA Division III diving program including, but not
Starting Date: As soon as possible
- On-deck and in-pool instruction for practices and meets,
- Creation of practice plans,
- Player and team development
- Academic monitoring,
- Meet strategies and competitive coaching
- Recruitment and retention of qualified student-athletes,
- Budget management,
- Team travel,
- Other duties as assigned.
Vassar College athletics programs are conducted in compliance with
policies, procedures and regulations of Vassar College, the NCAA
and the Liberty League.
- Bachelor’s degree and coaching and/or swimming/diving
experience at the collegiate level.
- Knowledge and compliance with NCAA and league rules and
- Certification in CPR, AED, First Aid, and Lifeguarding is
necessary but can be obtained through Vassar College as
- A valid driver’s license and the successful result of a
background check are mandatory.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and
two or more years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in HyTek Meet Manager, eDive, and
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and written/oral
communication skills as well as a demonstrated commitment to the
Division III philosophy.
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to
attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3
professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format.
Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any
questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/2287.