The School of Nursing and Health Professions at Goodwin University
is looking for a Part-Time Laboratory Coordinator. The Lab
Coordinator is a salaried employee and is expected to work a
minimum of 25 hours per week. The work schedule will vary based on
the needs of students, faculty, and the university. A specific work
schedule will be developed with the Program Director of Health
Science and Public Health.
- Maintain up to date inventory of all the chemicals, supplies,
and miscellaneous items for all science labs. Assist with the
budgeting process where applicable.
- Order chemicals, supplies, animal specimens, and miscellaneous
items every semester according to the needs for that particular
semester or when requested by full time faculty or curriculum
- Provide assistance to all full-time faculty and adjuncts by
instructing in the areas of Lab for Human Biology, General Biology,
Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2, and Microbiology whenever an
unforeseen emergency occurs that prevents faculty from instructing
their normal class.
- Shadow faculty as needed during Lecture and Lab. Rotate between
the full-time faculty and adjunct faculty every semester and
provide individual assistance during their lab section.
- Actively work on projects that will enable new faculty and
adjuncts to navigate through the lab and easily find where
chemicals, supplies, specimens and miscellaneous items are found,
as well as information on general policies, procedures and contact
information particular to Goodwin University.
- Oversee waste disposal of dissected animals and sharps.
- Supervise microscope maintenance biannually for campus.
- Schedule and maintain Stericycle contracts, invoices and
oversight for campus.
- Assess the safety compliance of all labs in an annual basis by
filling out checklist assessment forms provided by the safety
- Maintain the general lab and cleanliness and organization.
(This job description does not constitute an employment
agreement between the employer and employee. It is used as a guide
for personnel actions and is subject to change by the employer as
the needs of the employer and requirements of the job
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or related field.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in appropriate field.
- Appropriate professional experience.
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in appropriate
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, and word
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Willingness to accept responsibility for professional and