District Office at 3901 S. State Street
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college
system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite
sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a
quality, affordable education.
CCC’s Procurement Services oversee the purchase of a full array of
goods and services including, but not limited to: books, printing
services, computer equipment, furniture, office equipment and
supplies, and a variety of construction and professional services.
CCC aggressively seeks certified minority and women-owned
CCC is looking to fill multiple Contract Administrators. The
responsibilites for these positions are listed below.
- Reporting to the Associate Director of Business and Procurement
Services, the Contract Administrator monitors multiple and various
types of vendor applications, contracts, Bids, Request for Proposal
(RFP) submittal forms, business viability and solvency documents,
and other related documents to ensure administrative compliance by
vendors with the criteria established by City Colleges of
- Monitors businesses and firms that are actively participating
in City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) procurement contracts for goods
- Reviews Bid/RFP solicitations, vendor bids/proposals, and other
submissions to ensure the proper application of procurement rules
- Reviews vendor documentation for ownership verification,
financial analyses, and background checks.
- Develops and implements a system for tracking, measuring and
evaluating vendor performance.
- Provides regular reports on vendors through updates and
analysis of procurement activities. Identifies vendor operations
that may negatively impact CCC operations and provides
recommendations for resolution.
- Provides expertise and assistance to vendors and CCC
departmental staff to facilitate understanding and awareness of
CCC’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Participates in workshops, seminars, outreach and networking
- Participates in pre-bid/pre-submittal conferences.
- Interprets and explains the guidelines of the vendor
application process for inclusion in the M/WBE program and
- Reviews M/WBE documents submitted by vendors to ensure
compliance with the M/WBE Plan.
- Assists college administrators in identifying certified M/WBE
vendors to provide goods or services as a prime or
- Assists vendors by addressing question regarding the reporting
of monthly compliance audits, including reporting via the Contract
Reporting system, B2Gnow.
- Assists in conducting close-out audits to evaluate overall
compliance and provide periodic reports on CCC’s purchasing with
- Investigates complaints and allegation of M/WBE non-compliance.
Conducts dispute resolution for M/WBE compliance issues; prepares
detailed summaries and reports.
- Reviews certified payrolls and invoices to ensure compliance
with prevailing rate regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- An Associate’s degree from an accredited college or higher
- Three years of experience in management, procurement or
purchasing with a focus on the development, negotiation and
administration of contracts
- A combination of education and experience may be taken into
consideration based on the applicant’s credentials
- Preference will be given to candidates possessing three (3)
years or more of work experience in procurement and/or experience
in higher education and/or public sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-directed and innovative
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft 9.2 ERP Solution or other ERP systems
- Knowledge of construction project management and diversity
compliance software preferred
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
We offer: excellent health and welfare benefit package and
long-term savings and investment programs including 403(b) &
457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State
University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation,
holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a
more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page
of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6
months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Thank
you for your interest in City College of Chicago!