This position verifies and packages student aid
and assists financial aid staff with individual programs or
processes. The incumbent will interact with federal and state
agencies, loan servicers, employers, outside agencies, high
schools, and post-secondary institutions, and is accountable for
ensuring compliance with federal regulations and safeguarding the
institution's eligibility to participate in Title IV
The position will be posted until filled.
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 4 years experience. Or, a
combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully
perform the essential duties of the job.
Valid driver's license
- Federal Student Verification experience
- Student information system
Job Specific Task List:
- Verify financial information reported on documents. -
- Decipher IRS tax laws and applies them to the verification
process; responsible for resolution of C codes which entails
interpreting data in the National Student Loan Database, analyzing
Department of Homeland Security documentation, Selective Service
information, Social Security Administration documents and default
resolution. - (Essential)
- Provide support for the Direct Loan program, the R2T4 process,
and the PHEEA State Grant by assisting the Coordinator as
necessary; provide support to other Coordinators as needed for
secondary processing tasks. - (Essential)
- Review NSLDS for aggregates and mid-year transfers. -
- Develop expertise in the content area; remain current on new
and innovative practices in the field; develop and maintain a
network with colleagues through professional organizations and
other types of professional alliances; coordinate services with
other departments; and maintain the secure storage of confidential
documents. - (Essential)
- Build and maintain effective communication and relationships
with staff, faculty and members of college leadership. -
- Travel to various locations to participate in meetings,
training, etc. - (Essential)
- Other duties as needed or assigned. - (Standard)
Full Time 12 Month
If part time, hours per week:
About Us: www.hacc.edu
Learning for all; learning for life.
Our Diversity Statement:
As an institution of higher
education, HACC recognizes its responsibility to maintain an
environment that affirms the diversity of people and ideas.
HACC embraces, supports, and actively pursues a policy of
inclusiveness that reflects and appreciates the diversity of the
community it serves and the world in which we live.
The Board of Trustees and the President lead HACC’s commitment to
open access to education, diversity, cultural sensitivity, and
equal opportunity in employment. This commitment serves to promote
a college-wide environment of collegiality, inclusiveness, respect,
and cultural competence.
Our Core Values:
- We set high goals and achieve them.
- We consistently perform above our own and others’
- We provide exceptional service to all.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We continually strive to develop new and creative approaches to
the education and training needs of our communities.
- We promote respect, collegiality, diversity and empathy in all
we say and do.
- We nurture awareness and cultural sensitivity to create a
climate of trust.
- We create a learning environment that appreciates
- We respect the shared governance decision-making process.
- We behave in a manner consistent with our core values.
- We are honest, open and truthful in our statements and
- We provide the most accurate information available in all
Nov 10, 2021 Eastern Standard Time