The College of Business is one of four Colleges at Central State
University (CSU), a public land-grant institution founded in
1887 and Ohio’s only public HBCU. The College of Business
(COB) offers a transformation and nurturing student-centered
education at the undergraduate and graduate levels and committed to
innovative teaching and research. Business programs at the College
are accredited by the ACBSP (Accreditation Council of
Business School Programs).
The College of Business offers both undergraduate and graduate
programs (MBA) which are supported by our highly qualified and
dedicated faculty committed to our students’ success. The Bachelor
of Science in Accounting and a Bachelor of Science in Business
Administration includes concentrations in Agribusiness,
Entrepreneurship, Finance, Hospitality Management, International
Business, Management, Management Information System, and Marketing.
The MBA program can be completed within one year (36
The College of Business, at Central State University in
Wilberforce, Ohio invites applications for a full-time,
tenure-track appointment at the rank of Assistant/Associate
Professor of Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach graduate (MBA) and undergraduate courses. Minimum
teaching load is for the research position is six credit hours per
semester (or twelve credit hours per academic year). Courses are
delivered face-to-face, online, or hybrid.
- Engage in research and scholarship publishable in quality
peer-reviewed business journals.
- Maintain required office hours and provide academic advisement
to assigned students.
- Participate in the development, review and improvement of
- Participate in Departmental, College-wide, and University-wide
committees and activities.
- Serves as a faculty advisor for student organization.
- Maintain currency in teaching discipline and professional
- Work collaboratively with other faculty on schedule
development, marketing events, student and faculty recruitment,
retention efforts, and only departmental or college-wide
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications • Ph.D. or earned doctorate in
Marketing, or related area.
• Ability to teach undergraduate and graduate level
• Commitment to teaching excellence, innovative curriculum
development and delivery.
• Willingness to teach at both the main campus and
the CSU Dayton location.
• Demonstrate potential for developing publishable
• Experience and interest in teaching students from diverse
cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
• Ability to use technology in instruction and advising. Preferred
Qualifications • Experience in developing and teaching online
• Demonstrated ability to generate grant proposals.
• A record of published research in peer-reviewed journals.