Museum Operations Coord II
• In coordination with the education team, develops, coordinates
and implements community, in person, on campus programming such as
large-scale “festival” programs (e.g., our popular Can You Dig It
program),smaller programs and community workshops.
• Develops, coordinates and implements off campus programming such
as Pop-ups and community “festival” outreaches.
• In coordination with the education team, seeks and develops
meaningful partnerships with organizations/stakeholders with
particular emphasis on engaging underserved and/or underrepresented
audiences and youth/families from diverse backgrounds.
• In coordination with the education team, writes curriculum,
prepares lesson plans and teaches children’s programming for camps
and afterschool programs, ensuring excellent education
opportunities and customer service for community participants and
• Develops virtual and hybrid programming to reach larger audiences
with existing museum technology and equipment
• Stays current on informal education best practices, with an
emphasis on nature and science, through professional development as
well as Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility
• Assists Education Programs Coordinator to reach new audiences
(e.g., adult programming).
• Assists Education Programs Coordinator in the development and
implementation of Education Programs, including signature Museum
events such as ButterflyFest.
• Assists Education Programs Coordinator in the revision of
existing programming based on current information, program
evaluations and strategic initiatives.
• Seeks input and assistance with program development from Museum
staff, volunteers and community stakeholders.
• Assists Education Programs Coordinator in efforts to engage
underserved and/or underrepresented audiences and youth/families
from diverse backgrounds in on-site, outreach and virtual/hybrid
• Assists Volunteer Coordinator with supervision, training of teen
volunteers in summer program.
Supervision and Training
• Recruits, interviews and selects interns.
• Serves as primary supervisor for interns, including training,
day-to-day work and scheduling.
• Assists the Volunteer and Education Programs Coordinators in the
training of contract teachers and volunteers.
• Assists in the development and implementation of evaluations for
the museum’s educational programs.
• Assists Education Programs Coordinator in developing and
maintaining efficient systems for stocking and maintaining program
equipment and materials.
• Assists Education Programs Coordinator in maintaining a tracking
system on program types and attendance including participant
• Stays current on educational and scientific information and
approaches through professional development.
• Responds to informational requests through e-mail and
• Delivers extraordinary customer service to all Museum guests and
• Coordinates Education Programs activities with other Museum areas
including PR/Marketing, Graphics, Visitor Services and
• Serves on museum committees as relevant.
• Other duties as assigned Attend appropriate meetings and training
$35,000.00 - $40,000.00, commensurate with education and
Master’s degree in an appropriate area; or a bachelor’s degree in
an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience.
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office (emphasis on Word and
Excel)Microsoft TEAMS and Zoom.
Ability to stand for extended periods of time and safely lift up to
Bachelor’s degree in Education, Science, Anthropology or related
discipline and four years informal education experience
Broad knowledge of natural history topics
Experience with audiences from diverse backgrounds and communities
that are underrepresented in museum demographics and in science
Experience developing and implementing museum education
Experience with web and social media platforms
Proficiency in language other than English is a plus
Special Instructions to Applicants:
A valid Florida driver’s license is required.
This position requires a Level 2 background check.
This is a time-limited position.
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, CV
and list of 3 references. A writing sample may be requested during
the interview process.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end
Health Assessment Required: