2550 Bending Branch Way, Allen, Texas, 75013
We are searching for candidates that meet the required
qualifications and experience and are able to perform the essential
duties and responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide onsite resources for college bound students and those
weighing college and career options. Provide career counseling
resources for high school students and create a bridge for the
transition between high school and first time in college.
Collaborate with ISD partners to improve college and career
readiness and serve as liaisons to college programs and student
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver college academic counseling and career
guidance to students on their high school campus.
- Work with students to help develop the capacity for career
self-evaluation, including researching and administering various
tools for assessment of interests, values, aptitudes and
- Educate students and parents about colleges, the college
admissions process, trends, procedures, testing and advising.
- Provide college and career counseling and guidance as needed,
including appropriate referrals to other college and community
- Assist with college-search and application coaching.
- Develop and deliver on-site presentations as requested by
schools and community organizations.
- Research and maintain current information regarding labor
market trends and the occupational outlook for a wide range of
- Prepare reports and track key assessment data regarding results
and outcomes. Compare outcomes over time and by program. Establish
and maintain tracking and reporting processes. Must be able to
assess current operations and provide evaluative feedback in an
effort to improve student outcomes to meet strategic goals of the
- Participate in vision and strategic planning, and goal setting
of the College.
- Establish rapport and develop positive working relationships
with the personnel at local institutions in order to facilitate
implementation of college-related programming. Serve as liaison
between high school counselors and administrative staff, and Collin
- Maintain confidentiality of student records (in compliance with
the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act), organizational
plans and personnel actions.
- Must have reliable transportation as extensive travel is
required throughout Collin and Rockwall county.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with
College policies procedures and Core Values.
Physical Demands, Working Conditions and Physical
- Knowledge of all various college departments and degree
- Knowledge of the assigned academic division
- Knowledge of Pre-requisite courses, grades and other
requirements needed for applying to degree programs
- Knowledge of transfer requirements to a 4-year bridge program
or other 4-year degree programs
- Knowledge of District rules, policies, and practices
- Knowledge of University Partners' transfer requirements
- Knowledge Collin College prerequisites
- Knowledge of transfer equivalencies
- Knowledge of possible degree options
- Must have highly effective interpersonal skills.
- Organizational skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to assist students with TSI testing, developmental
education, Dual Credit, Probation/warning the admissions process,
TWC, VA assistance, etc.
- Ability to offer some financial aid information
- Ability to explain to a student advantages and future
importance of Honors courses
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively in a
- Ability to adapt to new software applications
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals from
diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to establish a connection with the student who is
struggling academically and to help him or her to formulate an
action plan to maintain satisfactory progress
- Ability to suggest appropriate methods of remediation
- Able to work varied hours to include days, evenings and
Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to
10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force
constantly having to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg
controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for the
Sedentary Work category and the worker sits most of the time, the
job is rated Light Work. Positions in this class typically require
talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and
repetitive motions. Relatively free from unpleasant environmental
conditions or hazards. Office environment. Little physical effort
Master’s degree in counseling, education, social science or related
field and two (2) years of related experience required.
Preferred experience in a career center or student
development/affairs setting which involved academic and career
counseling, and demonstrated knowledge of career counseling through
the utilization of computerized assessments.
Licenses and Certifications
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) preferred.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.**
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not
intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities
of the job as duties and responsibilities may change with business
needs. Collin College reserves the right to add, change, amend, or
delete portions of this job description at any time, with or
without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made by Collin
College in its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Required & Preferred Qualifications (if
The intent of this job description is to provide a
representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities
that will be required of the positions given this title and shall
not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and
responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be
requested to perform job-related tasks other than those
specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards
Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer
actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates
will be subject to a criminal background check.***
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783
or send an email to: email@example.com
Collin College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by