Central State University athletics is currently accepting
applications for an Assistant Men’s and Women’s Volleyball Coach to
assist with meeting the goals of guiding and leading an elite-level
Men’s and Women’s Volleyball program with effective management; as
well as to promote academic achievement and character of the
student athlete, fans, and within the University community. A
thorough knowledge and understanding of the rules and regulations
of Central State University and the NCAA Division II are
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist with the following:
• Monitor academic progress and the retention of students
affiliated with the men’s and women’s volleyball program,
implementing action plans in collaboration with the Faculty
Athletic Representative and Student Academic Support Services
• Monitor and maintain the conduct of student-athletes to support
the image and reputation of the University.
• Daily operations and management.
• Coordinates individual player development workout and strength
• Must possess high integrity, a commitment to excellence, loyalty
and a strong work ethic.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
• Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and
• Ability to work with a wide range of people.
• Recruitment of academically qualified student-athletes who can
compete at the NCAA II level.
• Ability to work nights and weekends.
• Pre and post-season conditioning.
• Must maintain certification
in CPR/AED training.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned by the Director of
Athletics. Minimum Qualifications • Bachelors degree required from
an accredited college or university; Master's degree
• Successful coaching experience with proven track record.