The Athletic Trainer (ATC) reports directly to the Head Athletic
Trainer (HAT) and is responsible for the care, prevention, and
rehabilitation of injuries and/or illnesses for Central State
University student-athletes (SA’s).
- Must be certified by the National Athletic Trainer’s
Association Board of Certification (NATABOC) and possess or be
eligible for Athletic Training Licensure from the State of Ohio’s
Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Trainer’s
- Must have a baccalaureate degree in the appropriate area of
specialization from an accredited college/university; Master’s
- Must posses and maintain CPR, First Aid and Automated
External Defibrillation (AED) Certification.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Injury prevention, evaluation, management, and treatment of
athletic injuries; short and long term rehabilitation of athletic
injuries, under the supervision of the Team Physician(s) and other
qualified medical personnel.
- Assist with coordinating athletic training students for
coverage of all team practices and athletic
- Assist with coordinating scheduling physical examinations and
medical referrals for student-athletes to determine their ability
to practice and compete.
- Provide athletic training services for the University’s
athletic department, including attendance at scheduled team
practices and home and away competitions as necessary.
- Report the status of injured student-athletes to the head
athletic trainer and coaching staff; meet with appropriate staff to
identify and discuss any problem areas.
- Ensure compliance with all University, Conference,
and NCAA rules and regulations related to medical care
- Maintenance of the athletic training facilities, modalities,
- Recordkeeping and documentation consisting of:
- Detailed and accurate medication logs.
- Complete injury reports and treatment logs.
- Maintain up-to-date individual medical records for each
- Planning of the Athletic Training Room budget, supply and
inventory, and all supply purchases.
- Arrange medical appointments and transportation for
student-athletes as needed.
- Maintain continuing education units (CEU’s) of
the NATABOC and OTPTAT Boards.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.