Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully
in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates
an exception to the “religion” component of the employment
discrimination laws for religious organizations (including
educational institutions), and permits them to give employment
preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is
in that category.
Residential Adjunct Professor of Social Work
Does this position require driving?
Contact Phone Ext
Job Summary/Basic Function
Residential adjunct social work faculty to teach social work at the
undergraduate and/or graduate
level. Courses are taught from a biblical worldview in compliance
with the Council on Social Work Education’s ( CSWE ) Educational
Policies and Accreditation Standards. Duties include
- Preparing/delivering lectures and grading assignments
- Responding to student e-mails and phone calls.
- Provides regular and timely feedback to students.
- Participating in various departmental events, activities, and
- Master’s degree in social work from a CSWE -accredited
- Minimum 2 years of post-master’s social work degree practice
- Basic competency with Office 365 (i.e., Word, Excel,
- Doctoral degree in social work or related field, or J.D.
- Social Work Clinical License
- Experience teaching within the framework of CSWE
- Experience teaching social work from a biblical worldview.
- Experience with learning management systems (i.e., Canvas)
Special Instructions for Applicants
Please note that while unofficial transcripts are required during
this stage of the application process, official transcripts for all
conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be required
should the department select you for an interview. In the
references section of the application, please submit the names of
two professional references and one pastoral reference. Your
pastoral reference must be from your current church pastor, or
someone within a leadership position within your current church.
The pastoral reference cannot be an immediate or extended family
member. If you have any questions regarding this posting, please
contact the Faculty Hiring Office at
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Letter of Recommendation
- Career Advancement Form (For Current LU Employees ONLY)
- Teaching Philosophy
- Pastoral Reference Letter
- Academic/Professional Reference Letter 1
- Academic/Professional Reference Letter 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document
- Professional License(s)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).