The department of Treasury Operations at West Virginia
University is seeking a Senior Treasury Analyst. Responsibilities
include cash liquidity and investments for the University, Research
Corporation, regional campuses, and affiliates. This position
is responsible for reporting to senior management the current and
projected status of cash and cash equivalents totaling over $200
million at year end and cash flows of over $1 billion annually,
investments totaling over $200 million, and student accounts
receivable. This postion will be instrumental in the
development and maintenance of a treasury managment software system
where they will become the master user, trend analysis, variance
analysis, management reporting, forecasting, and monitoring, and
providing information for financial statement reporting,etc.
With direction from the Assistant VP of Finance and the
Treasury Operations Assistant Director, this position will
regularly be responsible for various ad hoc requests and tasks.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal
- Become a master system user of treasury managment software
- Develop and maintain various short-term and long-term cash
analysis tools and providing information and recommendations to WVU
executives and other decision-makers.
- Maintain responsibility for procedures and reporting to various
external agencies as required by Federal, State (State Treasurer’s
Office, State Auditor’s Office, etc), Board of Governer’s policies
and industry standards as it relates to cash and investments.
- Direct and enhance WVU’s internal management reporting of the
investment portfolio to senior management including dashboards and
- Act as primary contact for cash and investments
- Perform analyses of the university cash and investment
portfolio as it relates to current and future plans, proactively
- Maintain and update University’s investment policy and agency
related agreements as needed
- Provide all pertinent cash and investment related information
and analyses quarterly and annually to the Budget Planning and IARA
- Assist with PCIDSS compliance.
- Assist with evaluating requests related to tuition and
fees and preparing schedules presented to Board of
This position is remote.
- A Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or directly related
- Masters degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in the following:
- Experience as a financial analyst or as an accounting or
auditing associate preferably in a treasury function.
- Planning, maintenance, audit, and reporting.
- Higher education experience a plus but not necessary.
- Demonstrated advanced Excel skills a must.
- Advanced Excel Skills is a must as well as general proficiency
with the Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
- An analytical mind that can understand, evaluate, and summarize
vast amounts of data and communicate findings to Senior
- Ability to perform tasks independently, complete tasks by
specific deadlines, and take the necessary initiatives to solve
problems related to these tasks.
- Comprehensive analytical and reasoning ability as well as
planning and reporting capabilities.
- Certified Public Accountant OR Certified Treasury Professional
At West Virginia University, we leverage our talents and
resources to create a better future for our state and the world. As
West Virginia's land-grant university, WVU has three campuses that
touch each corner of the state. The WVU System includes 518
buildings on 15,880 acres, Extension Service offices in all 55
counties, ten experimental farms and four forests.
From the groundbreaking R1 research of our flagship campus in
Morgantown to the career-oriented programs of WVU Potomac State in
Keyser to the technology-intensive programs at WVU Tech in Beckley
— the contributions of WVU employees directly impact the 1.8
million people of West Virginia every day, no matter their role or
Service, curiosity, respect, accountability, and appreciation
are the core values that unite Mountaineers, inspiring one another
to work tirelessly and support others as they seek to reach new
heights. After all, when you're a Mountaineer, impossible is just
another mountain to climb.
To learn more about West Virginia University, visit go.wvu.edu.
View current career opportunities at careers.wvu.edu.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
employer and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender
equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff,
and students, and invites applications from all qualified
applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics,
disability, or Veteran status.
Job Posting: Sep 30, 2021 Posting
Classification: Non-Classified Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes Schedule: Full-time