The appointee will be in charge of teaching Thai language and
culture, and Southeast Asian humanities or social sciences courses
at undergraduate level, 13 hours per week, as well as designing
teaching materials, assisting in curriculum development, performing
advisory duty to students, administrative assignments, and
One full-time contract-based faculty position, expected to begin
on 1 August 2022. The contract shall be renewed annually, subject
to the teaching performance.
- A PhD Degree with specialization in Thai Language / Culture /
Literature or Thai Studies.
- Ability to conduct researches in relevant fields.
- Ability to teach courses in English.
- Experience in teaching all levels of Thai language and culture,
and Thailand-related courses.
- Ability to develop and update innovative teaching
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to departmental services.
Please include the following documents combined into a single PDF
file in the prescribed order below:
- Curriculum vitae (in English)
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts (academic records). A
foreign Ph.D. diploma must be authenticated by local ROC (Taiwan)
- PhD dissertation
- Two representative publications in recent five years
- A four-year curriculum for (1) all levels of Thai language, (2)
Thailand-related and/or Southeast Asian humanities or social
- Two letters of recommendation (in recent two years)
- Photocopies of documents relevant to the position (with English
translations if not originally in English)
Before 14 February 2022
- Please email all documents (attached in a single PDF file) to:
file is too large, please share by google drive)
- Please also mail a hard copy to:
The Faculty Search Committee
The BA Program in Southeast Asian Languages and Cultures
National Chengchi University
NO.64, Sec.2, ZhiNan Rd., Wenshan District, Taipei, Taiwan
Please note “Application for Full-time Contract-based
Faculty Position in Thai Language and Culture
” on the
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview
with teaching demonstration.
- If the documents are expected to be returned, please indicate
and enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Mr. Yi-hua Lin
Tel: +886-2-2939-3091 # 62745 (09:00~12:00 and 13:30~17:00)