Specification of the position
The appointee will engage in teaching courses of Indonesian
language and culture, and Southeast Asian humanities or social
sciences at undergraduate level, designing teaching materials,
performing research, assisting in curriculum development,
performing advisory duty to students and administrative
One full-time faculty position, expected to begin on 1 August
- A Ph.D. Degree with specialization in Indonesian Language /
Culture / Literature or Indonesian Studies.
- Ability to conduct researches in relevant fields.
- Ability to teach courses in English.
- Experience in teaching all levels of Indonesian language and
culture, and Indonesia-related courses.
- Ability to develop and update innovative teaching
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commitment to departmental services.
Please include the following documents combined into a single PDF
file in the prescribed order below:
- Curriculum vitae (in English)
- Copies of diplomas and transcripts (academic records). A
foreign Ph.D. diploma must be authenticated by local ROC (Taiwan)
- PhD dissertation
- Two representative publications in recent five years
- A description about courses could be offered, and course
syllabi for (1) Intermediate Indonesian, (2) Intermediate
Indonesian Conversation, (3) Southeast Asian cultures and
civilizations or Southeast Asian societies, and (4)
- Two letters of recommendation (in recent two years)
- Photocopies of documents relevant to the position (with English
translations if not originally in English)
Before 14th February, 2022
- Please email all documents (attached in a single PDF file) to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (If the
file is too large, please share by google drive)
- Please also mail a hard copy to:
The Faculty Search Committee
The BA Program in Southeast Asian Languages and Cultures
National Chengchi University
NO.64, Sec.2, ZhiNan Rd., Wenshan District, Taipei, Taiwan
Please note “Application for Full-time
Position in Indonesian Language and Culture
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for an interview
with teaching demonstration.
- If the documents are expected to be returned, please indicate
and enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Mr. Yi-hua Lin
Tel: +886-2-2939-3091 # 62745 (09:00~12:00 and 13:30~17:00)