Type 5 Instructor For Credit Apprenticeship
San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Under the general supervision of the Division Dean, to teach
organized classes in accordance with course descriptions, outlines,
and class schedules; to evaluate progress of students; to advise
students concerning educational matters, to perform other
instructionally related duties as assigned.
: starting salary will be determined the the
participating agency. Responsibilities and Duties:Duties and
responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the
- Conduct organized classes at the instructional level to meet
the educational requirements stated in the course description and
the course information sheets.
- Conduct related laboratory instruction, including safe handling
of materials and equipment as required.
- Advise and assist students in achieving stated course
- Evaluate the progress of each student; notify the students in
need of counseling services.
- Attend faculty, division, or other on-campus meetings as
- Participate in the evaluation of course offerings, including
the revision of course descriptions and course outlines.
- Coordinate with other faculty in the selection of textbooks,
audiovisual and other instructional materials.
- Keep current with new developments and knowledge in appropriate
fields of competency within the framework of support provided by
- Maintain necessary records of student enrollment, attendance,
progress and grades; prepare and submit required reports to the
- Maintain control of equipment, materials and supplies as
- Report to the Division Chairperson, Assistant Division Chair,
Director or Assistant Director any condition which might jeopardize
the health or safety of students or the public.
- Supervise student aides, tutors, and readers, as
- Be familiar with and act in accordance with the Education Code
and Board of Trustees policies and procedures.
- Prepare and present information and material in a classroom
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students.
- Teaching-learning processes with special knowledge about
individualizing the instruction program. When appropriate, methods
and techniques of laboratory instruction including health and
- Possession of an associate degree, plus four (4) years of
occupational experience in the subject matter area to be taught;
- Six (6) years of occupational experience in the subject matter
to be taught, a journeyman's certificate in the subject matter area
to be taught, and completion of at least twelve (12) semester units
of apprenticeship or college level course work; or
- Six years of occupational experience in the subject matter to
be taught, and a minimum of ten years of experience as an
apprenticeship instructor for the California Department of
Industrial Relations Division of Apprenticeship Standards;
- The board of trustees of a community college district, in
consultation with their local academic senate and the California
Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Apprenticeship
Standards, may adopt policies to authorize a person to serve as an
apprenticeship instructor to teach apprenticeship courses in an
Amended: 05/14/2018 BOG
- External Opening Date: May 1, 2021
Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and
apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access
to its education programs and activities and makes all employment
decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity,
color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual
orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability,
pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally
protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and
gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual