Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened
its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the
only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology,
Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional
academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in
technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the
opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the
most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing
lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from
other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to
higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals
within a traditional university department structure, while giving
them opportunities to apply their learning through research and
projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security,
Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University
partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members
are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement,
problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and
research through start-ups and small businesses are
Coordinator, Campus Recreation & Programming
Job Description Summary
CAMPUS RECREATION & PROGRAMMING COORDINATOR
(Evenings & Weekends)
Florida’s only public university exclusively teaching science,
technology, engineering, and math (STEM) is looking for exceptional
candidates to serve as the Campus Recreation & Programming
Under the direction of the Assistant Director, Campus Recreation,
coordinates all areas of the campus recreational experience,
inclusive of intramurals. Directly supports the student experience
and is committed to providing a safe and inclusive recreational
experience that empowers students to develop and grow in their
leadership, collaboration, innovation, and adaptability. This role
focuses on evening programming for students.
- Assists in the oversight of on campus recreational activities,
directly supervising student workers. Directly supports management
of the day-to-day operation of the fitness center, including free
weights, functional, cardiovascular, group fitness and pool.
- Implements programs and initiatives that enhance the
recreational experience by providing a holistic approach to
physical fitness and group exercise.
- Development and delivery of a quality student staff training
curriculum and experience.
- Coordinates all campus recreation student staff recruitment
selection and training processes; In collaboration with various
Student Affairs offices, directly supports University programming
efforts, including Move-In Days, Family Days, and Orientation
sessions; Supports the university student conduct process.
- Works in collaboration with campus partners to plan and
coordinate intervention programs for at-risk students and acts as a
point of contact for concerns regarding emotional, physical, and
- Serves as a resource for campus support services available to
students, making necessary referrals to other campus support
services as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires evening and weekend hours to fulfill
- Knowledge of student learning theory and developmental
outcomes, and experience in its application.
- Knowledge of wellness education efforts by developing,
implementing, and evaluating programs, services, and resources
geared toward enhancing the student's well-being.
- Demonstrated cultural competence; proven effectiveness in
serving the needs of a diverse campus community.
- Ability and willingness to speak publicly during programming
- Ability to work collaboratively with students, faculty, staff,
and off-campus personnel.
- Assist with campus-wide programming efforts as needed.
- Follow-through with all responsibilities and communications in
a timely manner.
- Keep accurate records of events, programs, budgets,
- Complete the appropriate assessments of programs and
- Develop appropriate, professional relationships with students
and colleagues (internal and external).
- Work collaboratively with all areas of the University and serve
as a resource for the campus community.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries with students.
- Embrace an open-door approach to communicating with students to
assist with ideas, issues, and concerns relating to Student
Affairs, individual development, and programs/services.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; demonstrated
ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse workforce,
including those with different levels of academic preparation and
varying physical and learning abilities, and socioeconomic
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in managing or overseeing athletic or
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC
REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Master's degree in student affairs, recreation management,
sports management, fitness, physical education, or equivalent is
- Two years of experience working in intercollegiate athletics or
campus recreation is preferred.
- Experience coordinating intramural sports programs including a
variety of competitive league and tournament formats and
administrative experience in a club sport environment.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check, which may
include a Level II screening as required by Florida Statute
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy
This position is non-exempt exempt
(hourly). The normal work schedule will be determined upon hire,
however evenings and/or weekends are targets for this
TARGET HIRING SALARY
: $18.00 - $21.00/hr., commensurate with
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE
: The position is open until
filled, however review of applications will commence
: In addition to completing the online
application, all Applicants are required to upload the following as
an attachment to the application (preferably in PDF format):
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access
institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide
equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to
all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for
admission, students, and others affiliated with the University)
without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex,
religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status,
veteran status or genetic information.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be
sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before
continuing through the application.
Once your application
has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional
attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during
the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the
official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States
require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript
evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an
accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached
with the application and submitted by the application
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of
the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include
a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute