Haverford College invites applications to our available part time
(30 hours per week), twelve month, non-exempt, benefit eligible
Admission Process Assistant position.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Admission Process
Assistant provides administrative support to the Office of
Admission. The position requires strong interpersonal,
communication, and organizational skills; the ability to relate to
a broad range of constituents (students, parents, alumni, high
school counselors, etc.); and the ability to work well both
independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented
- General support of the various administrative tasks associated
with all dimensions of the admission process (including providing
support to the recruitment process; the application and
decision-making process; and the enrollment of new students).
- Assisting the Operations Manager with special projects and key
tasks as assigned in support of the application process.
- Managing the application document import process, including the
scanning and logging of application materials.
- Data entry of student information and application
- Uploading of spreadsheets using a web-based data management
- Assistance with mailings.
- Serving as phone back-up for the main admission line.
- Serving as a back-up to the receptionist, requiring management
of phones and providing customer service to visitors.
- Managing the general admission email account.
- Assisting with tasks and special projects as assigned in
support of the overall work of the Office of Admission.
- High School Diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Ability to be a team player, multitask, and function
courteously and efficiently within a busy, fast-paced, and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Comfort and proficiency with various computer functions and
programs: Microsoft Word and Excel; document scanning; web-based
data management platforms.
- Willingness to learn and interact with the admission web-based
data management system extensively.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this
Special Requirements: All faculty and staff (including
contract workers) who are employed or engaged by Haverford College,
must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and provide proof of
vaccination, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted
as an accommodation or otherwise.
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds)Up to three hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds):Up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds):Never
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds):Never
- Pulling (to draw an object toward oneself to
move or change its direction):Up to three hours
- Pushing (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its
direction):Up to three hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body):Up to
- Reaching or working above shoulder (to extend arms upward or
outward away from body):Never
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position):Up to three
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary
position):Up to three hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with
legs bent at knees):Up to three hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully
flexing knees):Up to three hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while
resting knees on ground):Up to three hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders,
scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces):Up to three
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain
stationary):Up to three hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift,
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes,
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
To Apply : Interested applicants should complete an application, to
include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact
information of three (3) references as a single Word document or
pdf by visiting
. The application deadline is November 29, 2021. Failure to provide
the required documents may result in lack of consideration.
Haverford College does not sponsor work visas.
Haverford College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice,
and providing equal opportunities and access to all individuals
regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, marital status,
disability, or veteran status. Women, non-binary and transgender
individuals, people of color, Indigenous people, and those with
other or multiple historically marginalized and/or underrepresented
identities are especially encouraged to apply. Haverford College
and our consortial partners are located on Lenape lands.