Public Administration, Adjunct Faculty
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Nov 10, 2021
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Teacher Education, Professional Fields, Other Professional Fields, Public Administration & Policy, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Political Science & International Relations
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All Faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; and provide service to the College, University and Community.
Assignments will include teaching, at both undergraduate and/or graduate levels, as applicable. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region. Additional duties may be assigned by supervisor.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
Teach assigned courses, meet during scheduled meeting times, respond to students outside of the class, report grades and attendance by university deadlines. Using Canvas to some extent is also required.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Masters degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Planning, or related field from an accredited institution of equivalent accreditation.
Experience teaching at the University level. Experience teaching Political Science, Public Administration, or Planning courses.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert