The University of Montana
is seeking a Product Marketing
to oversee all Accelerate MT
efforts. This position will liaison between University Marketing,
Communications and Brand Management and Accelerate MT to drive
performance-based marketing programs. This Product Marketing
Specialist will manage the marketing and storytelling needs of the
sub-brands housed under Accelerate MT, the economic and workforce
development engine of the University of Montana.
This position will create, execute and manage marketing plans that
increase awareness, demand and lead generation for the Accelerate
MT program portfolio. They will use a variety of tools to nurture
leads including marketing automation, social media, email marketing
and advertising. A large amount of this role will focus on
designing results-driven content strategy (i.e. blogs, social media
campaigns, video content, and other awareness building efforts).
This position will directly manage and supervise a student team.
The role will also require complex coordination and collaboration
with both senior and junior employees across UM and Accelerate
Upon completion of training, the incumbent will have the ability to
obtain PMM Product Marketing Certified: Core certification within
six (6) months of beginning position. Certification to be sponsored
as professional development.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to
the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are
particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad
spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in
demonstrating its five priorities for action
: Place student
success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation
in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of
“mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly
tell the UM story.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage content and storytelling strategy
- Act as liaison with University Strategic Communications on
public relations opportunities
- Develop deep understanding of Accelerate MT product portfolio,
provide expertise on market demand and opportunity
- Develop engaging and educational product marketing campaigns
that reach a wide target audience
- Educate internal constituents on products’ features and monitor
the sales and revenue these products bring in.
- Create sales enablement materials to assist internal
constituents in informing potential partners on Accelerate MT’s
- Build and monitor inbound marketing campaigns. Manage outbound
marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Work closely with Creative Services group to create graphic
design, photo and video assets that support Accelerate MT’s
storytelling and business goals.
- Oversee Accelerate MT marketing budget and brand
- Supervise Accelerate MT student marketing team.
- Position is full-time, 1.0 FTE, Letter of Appointment and
includes a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including
Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition
waiver, and wellness program.
- Salary for this position is $55,000 - $60,000 per year
commensurate with experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing
- Strong relationship building and management skills.
- Expertise in modern marketing practices. Knowledge of HubSpot
inbound marketing software and CMS a plus.
- Ability to track monthly metrics, report regularly on marketing
- Demonstrated success in positioning and launching
differentiated products that meet and exceed business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
some copywriting skills.
- Subject matter expertise in driving economic and workforce
development products and relationships.
- Deep understanding of how a product is sold and the channels
they are sold into
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where
they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the
decisions they make. Drive changes to our sales and marketing
processes based on what you learn.
- Innovative and “can-do” mindset
- Experience and comfort working in fast-changing environments
with significant levels of uncertainty and often ambiguous demand
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field and five to seven (5-7)
years of experience in marketing roles with increasing
- Familiar with marketing automation tools.
- Ability to obtain PMM Product Marketing Certified: Core
certification within six (6) months of beginning position.
Certification to be sponsored as professional development.
About UM and AccelerateMT
- Experience or familiarity with higher education
- Experience with digital marketing techniques in both B2C and
The University of Montana is flagship, research institution with
approximately 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students. It is
located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about
75,000, surrounded by mountains and three rivers converge. Abundant
recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national
forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National
Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University
of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package
that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers
many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its
University Marketing and Communications serves the public and the
University of Montana by distributing accurate and timely
information about UM, producing useful and interesting
publications, and enhancing the UM brand and overall image of
higher education through outreach, marketing activities,
e-communications and social media.
Accelerate MT provides economic and workforce development programs
and services for individuals and organizations throughout the State
of Montana, fostering economic growth and high paying jobs and
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of
Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for
this position will be subject to criminal background
investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference
accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with
disabilities. For example, this material is available in
alternative format upon request. As an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications
from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may
request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with
state law. References:
References not listed on the
application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to
the applicant. Testing:
Individual hiring departments at UM
may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to
essential job functions. Employment Eligibility:
Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility
verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally
required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Monday, November 22, 2021.
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’
will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open
until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following
materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below
*Please note, only five (5) attachments allowed per application.
Please combine documents accordingly.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and
experience related to the stated required skills for the position.
A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or
“Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work
- Professional References – names and contact information
for three (3) professional references.
Montana, United States