Coordinator, Center for Alumni & Family Engagement
University Advancement / Alumni Relations
University Advancement (UA) is here to advance the mission of
Bucknell University by engaging the Bucknell community. It is only
through the support of alumni, parents and friends — by opening
doors to career opportunities, engaging others to join the
conversation and community, and entrusting us with their
philanthropic commitments — that we can further elevate Bucknell as
a leader in undergraduate education.
Our team is dedicated to this mission and unified by five
- Lead with Integrity.
- Embrace a Collaborative and Inclusive Spirit.
- Be Open and Receptive.
- Nurture Creativity and Innovation.
- Foster a Culture of Empowerment and Knowledge.
These values also illustrate how we bring, as a division, the
University's strategic plan to life and exercise our commitment to
diversity, equity and inclusion on a daily basis.
As part of UA, the Center for Alumni & Family Engagement seeks
to create significant relationships between Bucknell and its alumni
and parent communities to help secure resources necessary for the
University to fulfill its educational mission.
As part of UA, the Coordinator is a member of the Events team
within the Center for Alumni & Family Engagement. This position
receives work and guidance from assistant directors serving as
event managers and program managers (as well as directors within
the Center as needed) for responsibilities that contribute to and
are supportive of assigned programs and events. The Coordinator
shares ownership in the Center's success, has responsibilities that
help ensure constituents have a positive experience (that exceeds
expectations) during interactions with Bucknell and helps achieve
the division and office strategic objectives.
This position reports directly to an Assistant Director within the
Center for Alumni & Family Engagement.
Supports programs and events and
provides volunteer data entry in the following ways:
- Provides support to program directors, including coordinating
calendars, scheduling meetings, surveys, managing check requests,
pulling lists, events, attendees and gifts.
- Provides frontline customer service, including managing the
alumni email account, physical mail and main phone line.
- Provides acknowledgment of alumni milestones (e.g., marriages,
births, promotions, deaths).
- Provides data entry and data retrieval for various projects
- Performs general office duties and business practices,
including answering phones, greeting guests, record keeping,
- Creates online registration sites (including forms and web
pages) for assigned events within the designated software and using
branded and approved styles, colors, typography, formats and
- Ensures proper reviews and tests of event registration
- Obtains and loads accurate invitation lists to registration
- Ensures and maintains up-to-date and accurate event information
in the division's central customer relationship management (CRM)
- Provides customer service to constituents for assigned events
by answering registration-related questions, addressing issues,
etc., that arise before, during and after the events. This includes
phone, email or in person.
- Creates registration-related reports as needed for assigned
- Provides name badges and other print collateral for events as
needed and requested.
- Creates, tests, obtains appropriate reviews and sends
event-related emails for assigned events within the designated
software and using provided content, as well as branded typography,
formats and colors.
- Performs entry of data in the division's CRM system to help
ensure the event and communication calendar, as well as event
information, are kept up to date.
- Assists event and program managers as requested with logistical
preparations for events, the order of event supplies, submissions
of vendor invoices for payment, contract submissions,
- Serves as a liaison as needed with the division's Records
office and with the Print, Publications & Mail office for
graphic design, print and mailing needs.
- Helps to coordinate attendee check-in processes for events as
- Fulfills staffing positions at events as needed.
- Manages any refunds needed for event attendees according to a
- Manages and respects confidential and sensitive
- Participates in continuous improvement plans for the Center for
Alumni & Family Engagement.
- Builds surveys and compiles collection of responses as
- Assists with other office functions and activities as needed
and participates in regular staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years of customer service or office experience
- Experience demonstrating mid-level or higher skills in
Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as
strong editing, spelling and grammar skills
- Demonstrated creativity, initiative and proactive problem
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to
build positive relationships with a diverse constituent base
This position requires occasional evening and weekend work to
support UA's events including blocks of time for major events such
as Family, Reunion, and Homecoming Weekends, and other event
support as required. Staff should mark their calendars for major
events and events in their department. Exceptions require
May be requested to travel on occasion.
Some mild to moderate physical activity may be necessary.
State and federal background checks will be required to work at
- Three or more years of event support
- Experience in a higher education setting
- Experience planning and managing group social media
- Experience with database applications like Banner and/or
- Experience with Qualtrics, Smartsheet, and Ablebits
- Valid U.S. driver's license and a willingness and ability to
travel occasional evenings and weekends in support of off campus
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496834/coordinator-center-for-alumni-family-engagement