Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
The Urban Health Collaborative (UHC), part of the Dornsife School
of Public Health, is seeking a data analyst with experience in GIS
and spatial analysis. The Data Analyst will work on data management
and analysis using ESRI products (e.g. ArcGISPro) and other
software tools in support of research projects pertaining to urban
health. This Data Analyst will play a key role in current and
future research projects focused on the role of neighborhoods and
health in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA).
- Assist with the collection of data, including internet searches
for data sources, contacting agencies to obtain data.
- Work with spatial data to create measures that can be linked to
- Aid in finding and preparing data for proposals, project
reports and publications.
- Assist team members with creating documentation, data
dictionaries, presentations, publications, and technical reports
disseminating project research.
- A Bachelors Degree (or higher) is required.
- 1-2 years of experience working on research projects or data
analysis is required.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience with ArcGISPro/ArcGIS/
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently.
- Highly-adaptable, detail-oriented, and organized.
• Expertise with SAS, R, Python or other statistical software a
• Experience with public health research.
Special Instructions to the Applicant
- Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter
when submitting your application.
Nov 8 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Dec 8 2021 Eastern Standard Time