The Executive Education Center (EEC) is looking for
applicants to the following position:
Job Title: Associate Dean for Executive
Education Center / Faculty (open rank)
Division: Academic Affairs
College: Bang College of Business /
Position reports to: Vice President of Academic
Affairs, Dean of Bang College of Business
Reporting to the Dean of BCB the position of Associate Dean for
EEC is responsible for organizing and coordinating the work of the
Center as well as having overall responsibility for the Center's
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Day to day administration of the Center: Organize current and
prospective planning of operations of Executive Education Center
taking into account goals, objectives and directions for
implementation of which EEC was created, ensure control over
fulfillment of the planned tasks, coordinate the work of faculty
members and other pedagogical staff for implementing the study
(academic) plans and programs, development of necessary
- Supervision and management of faculty and staff of the
- Strategic & Budget Planning.
- Development and planning of academic and training programs,
including programs for senior managers and executives, and
curriculum of Executive MBA program.
- Faculty and staff hiring, promotion and retention.
- Recruitment of trainees in the executive education programs and
students in the Executive MBA program; Take part in forming the
student body and take measures to retain it, take part in composing
the schedule of academic classes and other kinds of activities of
- Make proposals on enhancing the academic process and management
of EEC. Take part in selecting and assigning pedagogical and other
personnel, in organizing their professional development (if
approved by KIMEP University management).
- Ensure financial profitability of the education programs of the
- Development and maintenance of effective corporate connections,
links and partnerships.
- Jointly develop programs with corporate partners as may be
- Ensure control over the quality of education processes and
objectivity of assessing the results of academic and
extracurricular activity of students, ensuring the level of
training of students complying with the requirements of state
education standard and standards of KIMEP University.
- Create conditions for development of working academic programs
of the structural unit.
- Assist pedagogical staff in mastering and developing the
innovative programs and technologies at the Center.
- Organize the work on preparing and holding the final
examination sessions. Organize methodical, cultural and
- Undertake control over the study load of students.
- Take part in preparing and holding the attestation of
pedagogical and other staff of the Center.
- Ensure the timely preparation of the established reporting
- Take part in developing and strengthening the academic and
material facilities of the Center, provision of modern equipment,
manuals and technical means of learning, safekeeping the equipment
and property, provision of libraries and methodical offices with
academic-methodical literature, periodicals, methodical provision
for the academic process.
- Organize signing contracts with the interested organizations
- Undertake measures for creation of necessary social and working
conditions for students and employees of EEC.
- Observe the rules of occupational safety and fire safety.
- Represents KIMEP University and the Center at internal and
external events as needed.
- Quality assurance and accreditation matters for the Center's
- Ensure that all documents are maintained and up to date.
- Other duties as may be required by supervisor.
- Must observe confidentiality of information relating to
students and commercial secrets.
- Shall follow all relevant administrative, civil and criminal
legislation of RK.
Teaching remission: Two classes per
academic year, if faculty appointment. May be reduced by one at
discretion of VPAA
Additional KIMEP requirements: Associate Deans
would normally be expected to be at least an Associate Professor or
an Assistant Professor with substantial academic
Not less than three years of managing academic programs,
loyalty, integrity and commitment to high quality, leadership
skills, experience working in or association with the private and
public sectors, Master degree in business area, fluent in English,
and in Russian and/or Kazakh, travel ability.
PhD in Business Administration area; At least 5 years of academic
KIMEP University is the leading American style, internationally
accredited, English language academic institution in the
Commonwealth of Independent States. The university provides a world
class academic experience and a unique international environment to
all its students and faculty. KIMEP was established in 1992 and has
built a very strong regional reputation as a leading provider of
higher education. The Bang College of Business currently has 29
fulltime. All graduate and undergraduate programs are accredited
by at least one recognized international accreditation agency.
Academic programs are regularly rated in the top rank of provision
by national bodies.
The city of Almaty is situated at the base of majestic Tien Shan
Mountains in Southeast Kazakhstan. About 2 million people live in
or near Almaty because it is the financial, cultural, summer and
winter sports and cosmopolitan capital of Kazakhstan. Kazakhstan is
located in the heart of Eurasia with important commercial inroads
bridging Asia and Europe. Boasting the Silk Road of the 21st
century, Kazakhstan offers unique positions in oil and gas,
economic development, and trade. With a transitioning economy that
has witnessed fourfold growth over the past decade, Kazakhstan's
dynamically changing economic, social, educational and cultural
environment provides incredible opportunities for significant and
Please submit the following documents to KIMEP
University HR portal: https://hr.kimep.kz/en-US/Home/Vacancy/392
- Filled and submitted application form
- Cover letter that indicates the position applied, how you meet
the minimum and preferred qualifications and salary expectations
- Shortlisted candidates are required to submit 2 referees’
names/contact details and recommendation letters if desired.
Personal data provided by applicants will be kept
confidential and used for recruitment purpose
Application deadline: December 10,
Salary will be discussed with shortlisted candidates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be informed and invited for