Interlibrary Loan Assistant
Library & IT
The Interlibrary Loan Assistant oversees lending/document delivery
services including RapidILL and the Copyright Clearance Center's
“Get It Now.” They will work with one part time staff member and a
team of students to ensure the timely and successful completion of
requests, and personally work on fulfilling requests from Bucknell
students, faculty, and staff for books, journal articles, and other
This is a full-time (40hr/week), benefits-eligible position with a
Sunday-Thursday work week. This is a one-year position subject to
renewal dependent on an assessment of campus needs.
- Respond to and manage requests for physical and electronic
copies of library materials.
- Perform searches for materials in an integrated library system
and correctly interpret bibliographic data.
- Identify and retrieve library materials.
- Correctly utilize and interpret bibliographic citations.
- Scan documents for electronic delivery.
- Communicate across Bertrand Library and with other Libraries to
ensure correct and timely interlibrary lending and document
- Manage resource requests through the Copyright Clearance
- Participates in hiring and training student assistants and
assists with daily supervision, direction and problem solving.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policy,
procedural and/or technological improvements, including maintaining
documentation for staff and student workers.
- Oversee the lending workflow for interlibrary loan requests,
both print and electronic.
- Other duties and work in support of library services and
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Comfort with using a computer and work-related programs and
- High school diploma or equivalent and one year of
administrative / office experience
- Experience in educational environments
- Service-minded creativity in the educational environment
- Experience with ILLiad or another interlibrary loan
- Familiarity with library work
- Past supervisory experience
This position includes periods of active movement and transporting
or carrying materials. Time will also be spent seated at a desk
using a computer.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496882/interlibrary-loan-assistant