Reporting to the Vice President and Secretary of the University
and the Associate Secretary, the Assistant Director of Boards and
Councils is responsible for coordinating various aspects of the
work of the Marine Biological Laboratory Board, Laboratory Schools
Board of Directors, Baptist Theological Union Board of Trustees,
the Advisory Council program, the Court Theatre Board, and the
Smart Museum Board, and the University Board of Trustees. The
Assistant Director attends and staffs various meetings of the
boards, their committees, and Advisory Councils, and assists in
planning and implementation of board events and board-related
- Develops and oversees production of board materials for the
Laboratory Schools Board of Directors and assists with the
development and production of the board materials for the Marine
Biological Laboratory and the Baptist Theological Union Board of
- Assists with the planning and implementation of the University
Advisory Councils Program, including semi-annual Advisory Councils
staff meetings, and the annual Advisory Councils Chairs meeting
hosted by the President.
- Prepares various agendas and oversees agenda setting process
for the Laboratory Schools Board of Directors and assists with the
agenda setting process for the Marine Biological Laboratory and
Baptist Theological Union Board of Trustees.
- Oversees planning meetings for the Laboratory Schools Board of
Directors and assists with the timeline and planning meetings for
the Marine Biological Laboratory and Baptist Theological Union
Board of Trustees.
- Attends and staffs meetings of the Marine Biological Laboratory
Board, Laboratory Schools Board of Directors, and Baptist
Theological Union Board of Trustees.
- Attends and works closely with the rest of the Office of the
Secretary to implement tri-annual meetings of the University Board
- Works closely with the Office of Campus and Student life to
plan and implement the Student Perspectives Series and Trustee
- Attends semi-annual meetings of the 14 Advisory Councils.
- Assists with monitoring budgets for various board meetings and
events including but not limited to the Laboratory Schools Board
- Represents the Office of the Secretary in working effectively
with stakeholders across campus as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with staff at all levels across the
University and with internal and external partners to ensure the
success of a broad range of projects and activities that are of
high priority and strategic importance to the Vice President and
Secretary and the University.
- Prepares high-level briefings for the Office of the President
on projects, boards, and councils related to the Assistant Director
of Boards and Council’s portfolio.
- As-assigned design projects, including signage, stationery,
maps, invitations, seating cards, web graphics, letterhead,
envelopes, and other print and digital products.
- Monitor, maintain, and update digital databases, websites,
directories, and document archives.
- Event planning and administrative support to ensure successful
execution of events as necessary.
- Assumes additional responsibilities consistent with the
changing needs of the office.
- Demonstrates ability to execute complex projects and objectives
in an extremely fast-paced and sensitive environment.
- Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal skills including
excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills.
- Possesses highly effective managerial skills and ability to
lead by influence.
- Versatile and action oriented, demonstrates flexibility and
adaptability while thinking strategically.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects with
resilience, discretion and diplomacy.
- Maintains a calm and courteous demeanor while handling
competing priorities, a heavy workload, complex problems and tight
- Exhibits professionalism in all business dealing and
interactions. Demonstrates grace under pressure and can smoothly
handle and/or diffuse a variety of situations and/or people.
- Manages sensitive and confidential situations and information
with absolute discretion.
- Proven leader with demonstrated project management
- Possesses sound judgement and has excellent problem-solving
- Ability and willingness to learn new software platforms of
- Work non-traditional hours as required to meet deadlines and