Under the supervision and reporting structure of the Rowan
University Human Resource Department, the HR Business Partner for
Facilities will serve a dedicated generalist function for the
Division of Facilities. The HR Business Partner will be embedded
within Facilities and will have a dotted line report to Facilities
leadership. This position will be responsible for operationalizing
HR strategy in coordination with central HR and Facilities leaders
and leading, implementing and delivering HR initiatives. The
incumbent will serve as a resource, partner and leader in managing
the HR function by maintaining a positive working environment while
instilling an environment of accountability. This position supports
a division with a 24/7 workforce.
Functional Areas of Responsibility:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the interpretation and application of established human
- Coordinates with the Office of Employee Equity and Labor
Relations for the counseling and discipline in accordance with
collective bargaining agreements.
- Recruitment, training, performance management and employee
- Management and facilitation of objectives and projects intended
to promote the growth of Rowan Facilities.
- Responsible for HR workflow and efficiency; project
- Build credibility by providing insight, sound judgement and
guidance on HR and broader business objectives.
- Partner with leaders on business design and organization.
- Takes accountability for HR services delivery across facilities
groups; acting as a change agent to implement positive cultural
- Manages the first levels of employee relations and
appropriately refers matters for labor counsel review. Employee and
labor relations will be a primary function for this position.
- Engages as needed, but at least monthly, with all shifts
including second, third and weekend.
- Identifies and delivers training needs for teams and
- Works closely with Facilities leadership to improve working
relationships and increase productivity and retention.
- Participates in Facilities strategic planning and
implementation of business needs; recommends appropriate
- Applies human resources policies, practices and procedures to
- Responsible for the frontline recruitment efforts in
collaboration with central HR including job postings, interviewing
- Assist with performance management and performance
- Actively engage in safety and health initiatives especially
related to workers compensation and OSHA.
- Serves as the liaison to central HR for all functions including
benefits, compensation, talent acquisition and employee
- Collaborates with Organizational Development to develop and
deliver Facilities-specific training programs.
- Ability to build strong relationships across entities to foster
strong communication and active listening.
- Excellent employee relations and negotiation skills; proficient
in employee labor laws.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates the ability to manage difficult conversations and
effectively manage challenging personalities.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of Rowan University and
- Proficient with HRIS systems, Microsoft Office suite and data
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; ability to
thrive in a multi-cultural environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Employee
Relations, Labor Relations, Business Administration or related
field; Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years HR Business Partner experience with a
strong emphasis in employee and labor relations.
- HR certification preferred.
- Only completed online applications submitted on or before the
deadline will be considered.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., and
the university will not sponsor an applicant for a work visa for
Nov 5 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Dec 10 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Standard