Custodian, 2nd Shift
Internal Position Title
The Custodian, 2nd shift, under the supervision of the Southlake
maintains cleanliness and sanitation of the college campus.
- A high school diploma, or equivalent required.
- Continuously walking or standing, frequent bending, squatting,
climbing, kneeling, and twisting and occasionally sitting.
- Ability to push, carry, lift up to 70 lbs. on a regular basis,
and over 70 lbs. on an occasional basis with or without reasonable
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with
persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities;
demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of
community college students, faculty, and staff, including those
with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Knowledge of custodial functions and procedures.
- Ability to provide leadership to staff and to follow
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
$16.09/ Hr + $.50 shift differential
Total Hours per week
40 hours per week
Monday – Friday, 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Software Testing Required
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
The Custodian, 2nd Shift duties shall include, but are not limited
to the following:
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
- Cleans interior and exterior of all buildings, which includes
sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, buffing, dusting, washing windows,
louvers and light diffusers, etc.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of entrance areas,
washrooms, administrative offices, staff/faculty lounges,
lunchrooms, corridors and cleans waste receptacles.
- Assists in snow removal as needed, front entrance and
- Assists in room and activities set-ups, furniture moves, and
stage set-ups, etc.
- Uses equipment to perform the essential functions of the job,
including vacuum cleaner, basic hand tools, walk-behind hard floor
scrubber, walk-behind hard floor burnisher, and carpet water
- Demonstrates a solid commitment to CLC Values and participates
with CLC goals and initiatives. Demonstrates the Service Excellence
communication method towards customers and ensuring student success
is at the forefront of all we do, while building the College’s
reputation as a premier educational institution.
- Follow all institution and regulatory policies, procedures and
standards. Utilize self-appraisal to determine progress in meeting
performance management system objectives and career goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director,
Business Operations, Shift Supervisor or the Southlake Campus
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or equivalent?
- * Do you have the ability to be continuously walking or
standing, frequently bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling,
twisting and occasionally sitting AND the ability to push, pull,
lift and carry up to 70 lbs on a regular basis and over 70 lbs on
an occasional basis with or without reasonable accommodations?
- * Do you have knowledge of custodial functions and procedures?