Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Columbia College is committed to creating an inclusive employee
experience for all regardless of race, color, national origin,
gender, religion, sexual orientation, age or disability. The
college maintains a safe place for open discourse; supports
activities that promote diversity and inclusion; and overall,
fosters a sense of community that welcomes everyone.
The Director of Diversity and Inclusion provides strategic
leadership, oversight, and vision related to advancing Columbia
College’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in line
with the college’s strategic plan. The Director will collaborate
with college stakeholders to assess potential barriers and develop
strategies to recruit and retain a diverse workforce and student
body. They will chair the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion committee
and direct their initiatives. The Director is responsible for
hosting a variety of trainings and programs for all faculty, staff
and students. In addition, they will make data-driven
recommendations to the college leadership and evaluate policies and
practices regularly to ensure the college continues improving the
college culture. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong
cultural awareness, exercise emotional intelligence, build trust
and collaborate effectively, and articulate the importance of
diversity, equity and inclusion.
For best consideration, please apply by October 21. Applications
submitted past this deadline may still be considered.
- Perform job duties in accordance with Columbia College’s
vision, mission and values, and contributes to the development of
the Columbia College community.
- The Director is a new position charged with creating
infrastructure and accountability across the institution to build
on the college’s foundation of diversity, equity and inclusion as
cornerstones of the educational experience.
- Advise college leadership on best practices related to
diversity, equity and inclusion, and make recommendations to the
- Serve as Chair of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Committee and direct their mission, initiatives, and
- Work with campus stakeholders to drive assessment efforts, such
as campus climate surveys, related to diversity, equity and
inclusion, and recommend and implement changes based on the
- Work with Human Resources and other departments to develop
strategic hiring and retention efforts in order to attract and
retain a talented workforce.
- Collaborate with Admissions to develop a strategy for
increasing effective outreach for prospective students in order to
recruit and retain and diverse student body.
- Partner with the colleges’ TRiO programs to provide guidance
and direction on best practices specifically as it pertains to
topics of inclusion and addressing barriers specific to
underrepresented and minority students.
- Fulfill additional responsibilities as assigned.
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive of every
duty and responsibility required by the employee in the
- Master’s Degree
- Experience and demonstrated effectiveness leading diversity,
equity and inclusion related initiatives and programs.
- Proven success in advancing diversity, equity and inclusion
- Prior experience developing and delivering diversity, equity
and inclusion programming and trainings.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- The ability to demonstrate cultural awareness, exercise
emotional intelligence, build trust and collaborate effectively,
and articulate the importance of diversity, equity and
- Possess a general understanding of equity related laws and
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience leading
equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Columbia College values its employees and is committed to offering
benefits designed to help enhance their health and well-being.
Columbia College views the benefits offered to its workforce as an
important component of the overall compensation package made
available by the College. We strive to offer our employees
comprehensive and affordable benefits that make Columbia College an
even more attractive place to work.
The College offers generous benefits to eligible employees that
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Basic life insurance and AD&D insurance
- A 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan, to which the College will
match up to 8% of an employee’s annual compensation that vests at
20% a year after the employee satisfies a one year waiting period,
is at least 21 years of age, has worked at least 1,000 hours in a
- Paid vacation leave
- Paid sick leave
- An Employee Educational Grant program that allows eligible
individuals to take undergraduate in-seat classes at Columbia
College tuition free, and online undergraduate courses at a 75%
- A Graduate Educational Grant program that allows eligible
individuals to take graduate classes in-seat or online at Columbia
College, at a 75% tuition reduction
- Participation in Tuition Exchange programs that allows full
time employees to send their non-emancipated children to other
member institutions with no or significantly reduced tuition
The offer of employment and assignment to duties is contingent upon
a satisfactory criminal background check. The information may
include, but is not limited to, academic, residential, achievement,
performance, attendance, disciplinary, employment history, credit
history, driving history, and criminal history of public
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until
the position is filled.
Columbia College is an equal opportunity employer.
In compliance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA) and
the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus
crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Campus Safety
for Columbia College has provided the Annual Security and Fire
Safety Report and crime statistics for the main campus and venues
Columbia College is required to distribute this information to all
current and prospective employees and students. Please follow the
link below for the full report or contact Human Resources at
573-875-7495 for a printed copy.