Drexel is one of Philadelphia's top 10 private employers, a
comprehensive global research university and a major engine for
economic development in the region. With over 24,000 students,
Drexel is one of America's 15 largest private universities. Drexel
has committed to being the nation’s most civically engaged
university, with community partnerships integrated into every
aspect of service and academics.
Drexel Central is a student's one-stop solutions center for issues
related to financial aid, registration, billing, and student
records. The Student Service Counselor is a frontline
representative responsible for assisting students and their
families with these questions through email, telephone, and
in-person contact using a proactive, service-friendly, and
- Provide outstanding customer service to students and families.
Assist students with finding appropriate solutions to any and all
financial aid, registration and billing needs.
- Appropriately link students to other services on campus.
- Ability to interact and serve university constituencies outside
of Drexel Central while providing superlative customer service to
- Flexibility to work in all areas of Drexel Central in all of
its locations and with a variety of clients.
- Maintains knowledge of current university, state, and federal
policies, procedures and deadlines associated with Drexel Central
functions. Determination and resourcefulness to solve issues.
- Collect and review documents for accuracy and
- Participate in outreach activities as assigned including nights
and weekends (both Saturday and Sunday).
- Serves clients in a prompt, cordial and professional
- Serves and greets clients in Drexel Central with a smile and
- Information communicated to clients is professional, thorough,
and accurate and clients' needs are fully addressed.
- Uses all university resources in a responsible manner and
according to university policies and guidelines.
- Demonstrates an understanding of Drexel's Code of Conduct, HR
policies, and commitment to integrity and ethical behavior by
example in his/her day to day activities.
- Dependable in following through on commitments to clients and
completing assigned duties.
- Follows supervisor's instructions.
- Complies with all university, state and federal regulations
regarding the access and release of data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Requires customer service affinity and skills alongside a
strong desire to help students.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and detail-oriented
- Effective oral, written, listening and communication
- Familiarity with computers and competency in navigating and
performing data entry in a Microsoft Windows system; Banner
- Ability to interpret and communicate university, state, and
federal policies as they relate to financial aid, registration, and
billing functions; excellent mathematical and analytical
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- A caring, compassionate, patient, and helpful personality
alongside a desire to serve and help students, families, and
related constituent organizations resolve issues or questions.
University City – Philadelphia, PA
This position is classified as Exempt
with a salary grade of
For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional
Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when
submitting your application.
Review of applicants will continue until a suitable candidate pool
Nov 4 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Jan 8 2022 Eastern Standard Time