This position supports the Colgate mission by analyzing needs,
providing technical guidance, helping with process improvement,
innovation, and implementing solutions for academic and
administrative areas of the university. This position is
responsible for optimizing the user experience of assigned software
and systems, developing robotic process automations, developing
forms and workflows, configuring document management solutions, and
developing in-house solutions when appropriate. This position is
primarily accountable for being knowledgeable and becoming the
subject matter expert in document management, forms, and workflows
using Onbase and robotic process automation using UiPath.
Specific Accountabilities Include:
- Gather requirements and assess functional needs and provide
technical consultation for existing and new processes and
- Research, recommend and implement software solutions as part of
a team, to include end users. Maximize the usefulness and
performance of assigned systems and integration points. Deploy new
modules, upgrades, and fixes to assigned software applications and
systems. Assist in establishing requirements, methods and
procedures for routine maintenance.
- Develop custom solutions where necessary and appropriate.
Perform testing, including error handling. Develop user guides and
training documentation in collaboration with campus
- Following generally accepted practices in programming and
software development, develop system interfaces and system
- Participate in the development of contingency plans including
reliable backup and restore procedures.
- Design, create and manage database structures in the
development, testing, and production environment and
- Collaborate with team members, to include collaboration and
input from end users, to ensure proper implementation and
integration of solutions.
- Work with end-users to design and create automations for their
processes that optimize efficiency around the needs of the
- Lead small projects and actively participate in assigned
projects. Work with other staff members to meet task deadlines and
communicate about the project status.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
Professional Experience/ Qualifications
- Basic understanding in any programming language such as Java,
JS, .Net (C# or VB), Python, PowerShell, etc.
- Basic proficiency with Databases such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL,
NoSQL, etc. and the ability to create and manage database
structures as needed for development and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of workflow-based logic.
- Basic understanding of APIs.
- Demonstrated excellence in client contact and strong
- Demonstrated understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for
the academic, cultural and social diversity in the Colgate
- Three to five years or more of professional experience, with an
earned Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a related
degree, or an equivalent additional professional experience in
essential duties and responsibilities.
- Oracle or SQL Server database administration.
- Expert in any programming language such as Java, JS, .Net (C#
or VB), Python, PowerShell, etc.
- Expert with Databases such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL, NoSQL,
etc. and the ability to create and manage database structures as
needed for development and provide production support.
- Experience with Oracle or SQL Server database
- Experience supporting Ellucian Banner.
- Experience with Hyland OnBase.
- Experience with UiPath for Robotic Process Automation ( RPA
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification or higher.
- Expert knowledge of APIs with hands-on experience.
- Experience in developing web applications with HTML, CSS, and
At least one year of professional experience, with an earned
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a related degree; or
an equivalent additional professional experience in essential
duties and responsibilities.
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
Colgate is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse faculty,
staff, and student population.
We strive to be an inclusive community — one that embraces and
values diversity (in the broadest sense possible) in an environment
of mutual respect, communication, and engagement. A variety of
cultures and perspectives enriches the quality of campus life, and
the opportunity to share different views and experiences is at the
core of Colgate’s educational enterprise.
These differences can include but are not limited to: race;
ethnicity; gender and gender expression; sexual orientation;
socioeconomic status; geographic background; national origin;
culture; age; mental, cognitive, and physical abilities; religious
beliefs; and political beliefs.
As a result, we ask all candidates seeking consideration for the
Business Process Analyst position to submit a diversity statement
with their application materials.
You can upload the statement under the Diversity Statement document
A diversity statement may be any length (e.g. a short paragraph, a
page) explaining your experiences, contributions, and/or
commitments related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Examples
of topics you may discuss include (but are not limited to): 1) how
your experiences or competencies might serve to advance the
university’s commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive campus,
2) your experiences working with diverse populations, or 3) how you
will contribute to the university’s strategic initiatives in this
Colgate’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Plan
For information on how to write a diversity statement, see our
Guidance on Crafting Diversity Statements
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin,
marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information,
being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking,
familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is
an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from
historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with
disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.