If you have any questions about the position or our application
process, reach out to us at email@example.com
Responsible for the building, implementation and ongoing support of
integration-centric offerings. Work closely with the Workday
Program Team, the other members of the Data & Integrations Team
and other cross-functional teams with the ultimate goal of
supporting campus leaders to make timely business decisions. As
part of a high-performance integration team, focus on driving
innovation and improving delivery effectiveness in an environment
of the growing demand for real-time data integration across a
diverse mix of technologies, protocols, standards, and platforms.
For this position, Smith College will consider 100% remote
candidates; not all states are approved for remote work.
Take appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and
participate in the College's efforts to create a respectful,
inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
All employees are expected to participate in the College's
efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work
Minimum Qualifications (knowledge, skills, education,
experience, certifications, licenses)
- Implement integration architectures, roadmaps, and system
transition plans to align business, applications, data,
integration, and/or infrastructure architecture.
- Collaborate with project teams and business users to document
architecture decisions (for example, logical, conceptual, physical
- Provide input into the development of the integration strategy
and technology direction by providing domain knowledge on solutions
- Educate others throughout the organization on the function of
integration methodologies, governance, and standards by serving as
a domain guide across business and/or IT teams.
- Design and develop integration solutions between cloud and
custom, on-premises applications and sunset existing point-to-point
- Identify and implement internal controls and technological
improvements to data and information processing systems.
- Design data models that support modern data analytics business
requirements and current trends in Data Management
- Assess impacts of changes in order to develop optimal solutions
to benefit the organization.
- Develop and maintain technical roadmaps and investment plans
for the evolution of the enterprise data integration platforms and
Bachelor’s Degree, plus a minimum of seven years’ experience
architecting and developing large-scale and complex data systems or
an equivalent combination of education/experience. Significant
study in information technology, computer science, data science or
related field. At least three large projects of progressively
increasing responsibility or an equivalent combination of
education/experience. Demonstrated proficiency in technical writing
Experience working with individuals from diverse
Familiarity with information security, code management, and data
management best practices
Master Degree in technology related field
Experience working in a higher education, academic
- Strong hands-on experience with data modeling concepts and
- Strong ability to explain complex topics to an organizationally
diverse group of stakeholders.
- Experience in the authoring and delivering data architecture
artifacts including data models, data flows and data
- Demonstrated experience in object-oriented design, modeling,
development, and support of object/relational database systems and
- Experience with Oracle SQL query design, query optimization,
troubleshooting, stored procedure development, or equivalent
database management system
- Programming skills using J2EE, Design Patterns, JMS, SOAP /
REST Web Services, XSLT, CXF, Spring Framework, etc.
- Knowledge of EAI /SOA Design Patterns and Best Practices.
- Hands-on Experience with API architecture and design.
- Web Service/Microservice (WebAPI, JSON) architectures.
- Understanding and demonstrated ability to build solutions using
RESTful API endpoints and web services as destination and/or
- Must be able to multitask and manage both long and short-term
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision in
a dynamic team environment.
- Strong tenacity and ability to manage complexity and
- Work effectively, independently, and within a collaborative
environment using good judgment in decision-making.
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and work towards
multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Maintain robust awareness of the evolving data integration
field, with a particular focus on iPaaS (integration Platform as a
Service) approaches .
All successful ITS staff are known for effectively applied
expertise, thoughtful attention to detail, timely and appropriately
calibrated follow-up, proactive and constructive problem-solving,
openness to new approaches, and for building effective partnerships
and trust within ITS, across the College and (where relevant) with
For this position, Smith College will consider 100% remote
candidates; not all states are approved for remote work. Applicants
from the following states will be considered for 100% remote
Rhode Island, Missouri, Nebraska, T ennessee, California, Utah,
Maine, Oregon, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas,
Minnesota, Georgia, Idaho, Texas, Delaware, Vermont, Connecticut,
Arizona, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Alaska, Maryland, Alabama,
New Mexico, Montana, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, New
York, Kansas, Florida, District of Columbia, Colorado, Indiana,
Michigan, New Jersey, Illinois.
Please attach/upload a current resume and cover letter in order for
your application to be considered for this position.
About Smith College
Located in Northampton, MA, Smith College is one of the largest
women’s colleges in the country and is dedicated to excellence in
teaching and research across the liberal arts. A faculty of
outstanding scholars interact with students in small classes, as
advisors, and through student-faculty research projects. The
College is a member of the Five College Consortium with Amherst,
Hampshire and Mt. Holyoke Colleges, and the University of
Massachusetts Amherst. Students cross-enroll and faculty
cross-teach across the Five Colleges.
Smith College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, color,
religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expression or veteran status in the recruitment and
employment of faculty and staff, and the operation of any of its
programs and activities, as specified by all applicable laws and
regulations. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.