Reporting to the Associate Provost of Community & Global
Engagement, this position is responsible for coordinating all
facets of the University’s study abroad and international exchange
programs, including growing and developing the programs to increase
international educational opportunities for DSU students. In
addition to the specific duties outlined below, the Study Abroad
Programs Coordinator facilitates outreach, individual and group
advising on study abroad programs, pre-departure orientation,
re-entry programming, and supporting faculty who lead study abroad
programs. The position also serves a key role in fielding a variety
of questions regarding study abroad from many constituents
(students, faculty, administrators and parents). Additional
information about the department and program offerings can be found
online at https://studyabroad.dixie.edu/
- Collaborate with faculty and administration to develop new
study abroad and international exchange programs.
- Develop working relationships with partner institutions and
international affiliate providers, including being a steward over
agreements and MOUs with international partner affiliate and
- Advise students on international study options that fit their
academic trajectory and learning goals, including information
sessions and advising on credit transfer, applications, and course
- Promote and advertise programs to students (presentations,
flyers, social media).
- Review and update study abroad policies, procedures, documents
and website information, as needed.
- Provide logistical support to events related with international
university visits and faculty-led initiatives, including making
hotel reservations, arranging payments, deposits, international
- Assist with study abroad proposals, approvals, cost sheets and
specific program budgets.
- Assist in the review of student applications for international
- Respond to student, faculty and parent requests for study
abroad information, programs, and advising.
- Assist the Associate Provost and Director of Global Education
with other projects as assigned.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Two years’ related experience in study abroad, student
advising, international student affairs, or similar field required;
higher education experience preferred.
- Successful academic and cross-cultural experience required;
international travel experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and effective in prioritizing and
- Knowledge of principles and practices in student academic
guidance and advising.
- Ability to apply marketing principles and strategies to promote
- Knowledge of basic accounting and budgeting principles.
- Familiarity with college admissions, financial aid, and
transfer credit policies.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm in a fast-paced
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in English effectively,
both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise critical human relations
skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relations
with students, employees and the public.
- Willingness to travel in the U.S. and internationally; ability
to speak multiple languages a plus.
professional staff (overtime-exempt) position. Annual salary of
$43,000 - $45,000, depending on qualifications & experience.
Desired start date of January 3, 2022. Excellent benefits package
included that begins on start date; includes medical, dental,
vision, employee assistance and wellness programs, life,
disability, retirement, undergraduate tuition waivers for employees
and eligible dependents, as well as paid holidays in addition to
sick and vacation leave accruals. See https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/
under 'Benefits Summary' for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Application review begins
November 30, 2021 .
Submit application materials
(including resume contents and contact information for three
professional references) and upload cover letter electronically.
If, because of a disability, you need special services or
facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the
Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
Dixie State University (DSU),
soon-to-be-called Utah Tech University starting July 1, 2022, is an
open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed
to exceptional student learning and success. The university has
adopted an instructional approach of 'active learning. active life'
and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty
and staff committed to creating an active, applied and
career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered.
Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state
university, the university is located in picturesque southwestern
Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine
annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor
recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las
Vegas, NV (120 miles), with amenities such as an international
airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more
about the University.
DSU is a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education,
with more than 12,000 students. We offer over 230 programs,
including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates,
endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and
retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas,
possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and
vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive,
comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity
/ Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU
are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs
and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State
University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination,
including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran,
or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or
any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing
regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel
Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org ,
For further information regarding non-discrimination, please visit
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for
Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org ,
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required
to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and
to complete the required employment eligibility verification form