Assistant Director of Housing and Residence Life - Housing
Operations and Services
The Assistant Director of Housing and Residence Life for Housing
Operations & Services is a live-in position responsible for the
leadership and development of a comprehensive housing operations
and services program, which is focused on in-hall front desk
management, student staff, and summer camps and conferences. This
position is responsible for the hiring, training, and supervision
of professional and student hall staff. This position directly
manages the following facilities: Leaverton Hall, a suite-style
residence hall that offers housing for student-athletes; and
Beshears & Juda Hall, suite-style buildings that designed
primarily for sophomore and junior students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
- Directly supervises the Residence Life Coordinator for
Vaselakos Hall and Resident Assistants for Leaverton Hall, Beshears
Hall, and Juda Hall.
- Oversees and coordinates staff selection, training, and
supervision of all departmental Desk Assistants (student staff who
provide front-desk services in the Commons Building and residence
halls) and Operations Assistants (student staff who provide basic
troubleshooting for residential facility issues outside of business
- Manage Leaverton, Beshears, and Juda Halls, including, but not
limited to, room assignments, room changes, room inventories, key
control, and educational programming for that building.
- Manage summer camps and conferences, including coordinating
each group’s stay on-campus with facility turnover,
check-in/check-out processes, key access, billing and payment,
assignments, wrap-up reports for each group, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the on-call system for summer staff for
summer camps and conferences.
- Coordinate and oversee in-hall front desk management for the
Commons Building and residence halls, including managing front-desk
equipment, policies, procedures, and staffing protocols.
- Participates in the student conduct process, serving as hearing
officer, and providing counseling and conflict mediation.
- Coordinates departmental assessment in alignment with division
Learning Outcomes and departmental measures.
- Manage front desk systems for move-in/move-out processes (fall
semester opening, winter break, spring semester opening, spring
semester closing, etc.).
- Assists the Director in the administration of the department
including representation at University recruitment events,
committees, functions, sporting events, and training.
- Serves as an on-call responder to discipline and emergency
situations in the halls. Participates in rotation of 24-hour
on-call emergency assistance.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Residence Life Coordinators, Resident Assistants, Desk Assistants,
Master’s degree in student development or a related field
Supervisory experience in residence halls; or
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Student development theory
- Budget management
- Programming, event management, and student learning
- Assessment and program review
- Crisis management
- Facilities management
- Academic support
- Organization and administration related to residence life
including theme housing and living learning communities
- Communication as applied to interaction with students,
coworkers, supervisors and the general public
College Student Personnel ( CSP ). Higher Education Administration,
or Student Affairs Administration
Medium work; exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or
up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of
force constantly to move
Nights and Weekends are required.
On campus residency required.
Hours of Work
Open Until Filled