Manages the recruitment efforts of first-time-in-college freshman.
Oversees the activities of the staff in planning, goal-setting, and
other facets of freshman recruiting activities.
- Supervises and trains staff providing recruitment, counseling
and admission advising to prospective freshman students.
- Develops innovative programs and initiatives to reach
prospective students and works toward campus enrollment goals as
they relate to academic achievement, equity, inclusion, and
- Participates in the application file review for select
applicants and ensures compliance with all federal, state and
- Builds collaborative relationships with external stakeholders
and academic colleges and other university constituents to develop
and implement coordinated recruitment services and objectives.
- Provides training and guidance to department and college
personnel regarding recruitment initiatives.
- May travel globally to high schools and community organizations
to recruit students on behalf of the university.
- Maintains a high level of knowledge regarding national and
regional recruitment trends as well as issues unique to University
- Participates in the revision and maintenance of policies,
procedures and desk manuals for admissions.
- May prepare office publications and reports including
newsletters, website updates, and office brochures, as well as
budgets and statistical reports.Serves on various administrative
committees and represents the university on external
committees.Represents the department at events as needed.Performs
other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 3 years experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical
and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional
discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional
discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained
through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college
or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training
program that is directly related to the type of work being
performed. Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) years of
directly job-related experience.