Responsible for a broad range of duties in support of the
responsibilities and duties of the Finance Division. Assistant will
aid the Vice President to plan, organize and coordinate the
day-to-day financial operations of the Finance Division, under his
general guidance. Job functions will include, and are not limited
- Serve as the initial contact/screen for the Office of the Vice
President of Finance.
- Assist in performing administrative functions necessary for the
daily operation of the division; includes all departments within
the Division of Finance.
- Maintain the Vice President's schedule and calendar, including
all appointments and travel needs.
- Oversee and coordinate all insurance coverage for the
University with our Goodwin University partners; Certificates of
Insurance, Liability Forms, Renewals, Claim Reporting, etc.
- Working with the Facilities Department, maintain annual files
of Certificates of Insurance for contractors working on University
property. Review incoming certificates to ensure coverage meets our
- Manage University credit cards. Distribute cards, maintain
records of credit cards in service, and cancel cards that are no
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the
all levels of staff, faculty, President, Cabinet, Board of Trustees
Finance Committee members, auditors, agency representatives and the
- Serve as clerk for the Board of Trustees Finance Committee.
Schedule meetings and take minutes. Distribute minutes for approval
by the committee members.
- Other duties as assigned
DECISION MAKING & SCOPE OF AUTHORITY:
- Ability to work independently, with guidance from the Vice
- May serve as the VP’s representative at meetings and express
the executive’s viewpoints at such meetings.
- Perform related duties as necessary to support the University
of Bridgeport mission.
- This position requires an understanding of the University's
policies and procedures.
- Must be able to interact tactfully with internal & external
- Must be able to maintain the highest levels of discretion and
- Bachelor degree.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and financial planning
- Five years’ experience in an administrative capacity dealing
with sensitive and critical data and information flow and
supporting senior level management.
- Requires strong computer skills (Microsoft Suite) and internet
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and be able to
communicate effectively in person and in writing.
- Must be able to interact effectively with multiple
- Ability to perform job duties with speed and accuracy with
- Strong organizational skills to include the ability to
effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
(multi-tasking), prioritize tasks, and complete assignments within
expected time frames
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a pleasant and
- Must be goal oriented and a proponent of teamwork.
- Good organization and analytical skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines regardless of time
- Ability to perform or supervise the performance of a variety of
projects, receive unexpected top priority assignments and solve
interpersonal or procedural problems simultaneously amidst frequent
- Ability to resolve complex problems, which require the
evaluation of alternative methods or solutions.
- Must be able to take initiative and have strong follow up
- Ability to solicit cooperation from persons and departments
throughout the University.
NOTE: The above description is intended to describe the general
nature and level of work to be performed by the position. It is not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of the
position. You will devote your full time and best efforts to the
performance of your various job duties and will observe any and all
policies, rules and regulations that the University may now have or
shall hereafter establish.