RISD's Department of Public Safety is seeking a full-time Facility
Monitor to join their team. This position is responsible for
monitoring and controlling access to College buildings according to
the policies of the department, and performing a variety of
clerical duties such as maintenance of the visitor log, among other
RISD offers competitive wages and benefits, which includes but is
not limited to:
- Four (4) weeks of paid vacation and 14 paid holidays
- Personal and sick time
- Robust medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Fully vested 403(b) retirement contributions after meeting
- Paid Parental Leave
- Education Assistance and Tuition Remission programs
- RIPTA Transportation to and from work
- Free parking
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. This position
is covered under a Collective Bargaining Agreement between Rhode
Island School of Design and the Rhode Island School of Design
Public Safety Officers Association.
- Monitor building access and handle lockouts. Cross-check IDs
with building list for students, faculty, staff, and guests as
appropriate, and maintain accurate records of activity.
- Communicate and deal effectively with members of the public and
college community through walk-in complaints, requests for service,
directions, deliveries, etc.
- Dispatch and receive calls over the telephone for emergency and
non-emergency requests for service.
- Dispatch and receive calls over a two-way radio system.
- Monitor internal security systems and notify appropriate
contacts regarding any concerns or trouble.
- Responsible for issuing and inventory of equipment, keys, and
property including lost and found items.
- Maintain departmental paperwork including logging in all calls
on the CCTV and Card Access systems and dispatching information as
a result of it being received.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- High School diploma or an equivalent combination of education
and work experience.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills,
organizational skills, and community service or customer service
- Must be able to write clear reports as dictated by the
situation, handle confidential data, continue job-related training,
and work in a dynamic, time-sensitive, and fast-paced
- Successful passing of pre-employment physical, drug screening,
fingerprinting, and National Crime Records Check.
- One to two years security-related work experience.
- Familiarity with computers.
Yes, Public Safety Officers' Association
40 hours per week. Shift TBD, likely 2nd or 3rd.
Exact schedule to be discussed with candidates at time of
Department of Public Safety staff are considered essential
personnel and are therefore required to work even when the school
Documents Needed to Apply:
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please upload
all required documents.
The successful candidate will be required to meet our
pre-employment background screening requirements.
RISD recognizes diversity and inclusivity as fundamental to its
learning community and integral to an art and design education. We
welcome candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute
to our commitment to diversity and excellence. RISD is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
genetics, or any other protected characteristic as established by
For internal use only - Job Family:
Administrative Support Services