The College of Business
invites applications for two
Administrative Associate IV
positions. Each position is
responsible for duties at the Department and College level with a
high level of autonomy in managing a diverse set of tasks and
projects for the department chairs and for a variety of faculty and
as a member of the College support team with little day-to-day
supervision. This position hires and manages student workers. One
position will work with Management & Marketing and MIS, and the
other position will work with Accounting & Finance.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist with exam preparation and scantron grading when
- Oversee the faculty travel process, ensuring faculty travel
documents and authorizations are in accordance with UM policy.
- Collect and archive syllabi with the Mansfield Library each
- Oversee textbook ordering for the departments.
- Manage Moodle account for the departments.
- Handle student complaints and direct them to the required
process for resolution.
- Complete ad hoc assignments from the department chairs and
- Collaborate with the Scheduling Manager and Registrar’s office
in the course scheduling process, providing daily College
enrollment reports, internal semester schedules, reports for
semester scheduling and other reports as requested.
- Process Independent Study Requests.
- Assist with the coordination, planning, and execution of
Business Advisory Council events and manage departmental advisory
- Take and compile minutes for faculty meetings to send to the
- Complete the student evaluation process for undergraduate
- Assist in the College of Business accreditation process by
maintaining faculty database and sitting on the college assessment
- Manage faculty recruitments, arrangements and scheduling.
- Assist in the process of submitting curriculum changes.
- Manage student hiring and processes payroll.
- Manage hiring paperwork and onboarding of adjunct
- Process Procard reconciliation for all faculty Procards.
- Manage all travel paperwork for the college.
- Serve as co-manager of the faculty evaluation process, working
closely with the Department Chairs and the Operations Manager.
- Serve as backup for the College room scheduling and events
- Assist Operations Manager with project management of the
- Assist with editing and creating marketing and event
- Assist with planning and execution of all college events.
- Serve on the college emergency team.
Upon completion of training, the incumbent will have developed a
working knowledge of:
- University policies, procedures, software, and programs.
- Training of emergency preparedness.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and ongoing,
including managing student workers to whom tasks have been
- Ability to problem solve in a complex environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
with diverse populations.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, pay attention to detail, solve
problems and make decisions with almost complete autonomy and with
proper treatment of confidential and sensitive information.
- Effective collaboration skills.
- Public relations, interpersonal, and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and summarize results in a
- Creativity, including the ability to suggest solutions to
problems in quick order.
- Knowledge of payroll practices and regulations.
- Ability to execute all tasks and responsibilities with a high
degree of accuracy.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures; business
English, spelling, grammar, composition, proofreading ability to
draft and edit materials.
- Demonstrated skill in the operation of personal computers and
related word processing, spreadsheet and database software, as well
as the ability to update web content (MS Word, Excel, Outlook,
Access) with the ability to learn new software.
- Office management skills, including appointment scheduling,
using standard office equipment; copiers, fax machine, phone
system, scantron readers, and printers.
About the College of
Business and UM
- High School diploma and four (4) years of higher education
and/or related work experience or an equivalent combination of
education and experience
- Knowledge of the University of Montana and College of Business
policies, procedures, and forms; and their specific uses.
- Expertise with utilizing Banner, Moodle, UMDW, InfoGriz, GTO,
EPAF, Uapprove, and Microsoft Office.
- Advanced ability to research, develop, and organize procedural
processes and other information.
- Ability to analyze situations and make recommendations to
- Knowledge of College of Business curriculum, and curriculum
modification and submission procedures.
The College of Business at the University of Montana creates
transformative, integrated, and student-centric learning
experiences, propelling our students to make immediate and
sustained impact on business and society. We nurture our students’
innate work ethic to develop confident problem solvers and ethical
decision makers. We pursue thought leadership and collectively
create opportunities for a better life for our students, faculty,
Shared Core Values
- Students first: We educate the whole person
- Experiential learning: We create experiences that matter
- Thought leadership: We create rigorous and relevant
- Stewardship: We value people, planet and profit
The University of Montana is flagship, research institution with
approximately 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students. It is
located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about
75,000, surrounded by mountains and three rivers converge. Abundant
recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national
forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National
Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University
of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package
that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers
many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to
the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are
particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad
spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in
demonstrating its five
priorities for action
: Place student success at the
center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching,
learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first,
people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the
State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Administrative Associate IV
Position Number: NEW
Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday
through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year
–Current employee’s rate of
pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation
plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and
details regarding the staff compensation plan, email
Compensation Department .
Six months minimum
Benefits Include :
Insurance package, mandatory
retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of
Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for
this position will be subject to criminal background
investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference
accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with
disabilities. For example, this material is available in
alternative format upon request. As an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications
from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may
request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with
state law. References:
References not listed on the
application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to
the applicant. Testing:
Individual hiring departments at UM
may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to
essential job functions. Employment Eligibility:
Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility
verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally
required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Thursday, November 11,
by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’
will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open
until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following
materials online via "New Resume/CV" button below
Step 5 "Attachments" in the online application process is where you
may upload additional materials. Up to five (5) attachments are
allowed per application. Please combine documents
*Please note, only five (5) attachments allowed per application.
Please combine documents accordingly.
Open Until Filled. Application review has begun, but applications
are still being accepted.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and
experience related to the stated required skills for the position.
A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or
“Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work
- Professional References – names and contact information
for three (3) professional references.
Montana, United States