The VinUniversity Faculty Development
Fellowship (VFDF) is designed to bring highly talented
Vietnamese-origin faculty from all over the world to VinUniversity
(VinUni), the first world-class, private, not-for-profit university
in Vietnam. This fellowship provides exceptional opportunities to
talented fresh Ph.Ds for fast-track career and processional
enhancement in Vietnam with mentorship from distinguished senior
faculty members at Cornell University (USA).
The VFDF program invites applications from scholars in several
academic areas in which VinUniversity offers degree programs,
including Business & Management, Engineering, and Computer
Science. We particularly encourage applications from candidates who
have the passion and drive to make strong positive impact and
create breakthrough innovations within higher education in
This fellowship is designed to provide research and teaching
mentorship at Cornell University’s highly regarded SC Johnson
College of Business, College of Computing and Information Science,
or College of Engineering for a period two semesters over the
course of three years. The VFDF Fellows will have full-time faculty
teaching, research and service responsibilities at VinUniversity in
the remaining semesters.
Why join VFDF?
By joining this program, you will have the opportunity to
fast-track your professional career development in addition to
attractive financial support and benefits, including:
- Fast-track appointment and promotion to senior faculty ranks
after successfully completing the program.
- Individually-customized mentorship program with world-renowned
senior professors at Cornell University (as Faculty Mentor and
- Opportunities to co-develop high quality grant proposals,
research projects and publications with Cornell mentors.
- Appointed as a visiting scholar at Cornell University,
providing access to Cornell’s library and research resources
including laboratories, participation in research seminars and
several other campus activities.
- Attractive and highly competitive stipend for the entire
duration of the fellowship.
- Full expense coverage for the entire program including
mentorship semesters at Cornell University.
- Opportunity to take advantage of all benefits and privileges
available to VinUniversity faculty such as research seed-grant
program; teaching and learning excellence training programs; and
collaboration with Vingroup ecosystem organizations.
- Opportunity to work at QS5* rated world-class campus at
VinUniversity with state-of-the-art facilities. Additional benefits
include discounts and special offers from Vingroup companies such
as Vinpearl, Vinmec, Vinschool, Vinfast and others.
Responsibilities and Commitment:
- Be proactively engaged in the program, make efforts to achieve
expected goals as specified in the Individual Development Plan
- Commit to long-term work as full-time faculty at VinUniversity,
dedicated to contributing to the significant development of higher
education in Vietnam.
- Fresh Ph.D or postdoctoral researcher from an internationally
- Evidence of high-quality research potential.
- Dedicated to engaged, active, experiential, and
multi-disciplinary learning pedagogies.
- Fields of study and research:
- Entrepreneurship/Innovation Management
- Hospitality Management
- Business Administration (including Human Resources
Management/Organizational Behavior/Strategic Management)
- Computer Science
- AI/Machine Learning
- Respect and appreciation for the core values of VinUni: EXCEL
(E: Empathy, X: Exceptional Capability, C: Creativity, E:
Entrepreneurial Mindset, L: Leadership Spirit).
- Committed to making long-term contributions to the development
and growth of higher education in Vietnam.
- Spring 2022 : Selection Process
- Fall 2022 : Join VinUni as full-time faculty
- Fall 2023
: Teaching & Research at VinUni
- Spring 2024 : Teaching & Research at Cornell
- Fall 2024
: Teaching & Research at VinUni
- Spring 2025 : Teaching & Research at Cornell
- Fall 2025 : Return to VinUni as full-time faculty
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Statement
- Research Statement
- Most prominent research outputs/published articles
- Three letters of recommendation/reference
The application and selection process is open, competitive,
transparent, and free of charge.
- Application (via this link http://apply.interfolio.com/97824)
- Initial Application Screening
- Initial Interview with VinUni Faculty Dean
- Job Talk
- Agreement Signing
- Match with Cornell Mentor
- Completion of Individual Development Plan (IDP)