Administrative Assistant / Office Manager, Campus Life
Target Hire Date
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
Serves as key front-line service position and support for visitors
and the teams within the Campus Life Suite.
A successful employee must be able to work in an active and
professional office environment while creating a welcoming and
supportive environment. This in-person position on the Boston
Campus must also be able to prioritize tasks and situations of
varying degrees of severity and complexity while remaining calm and
working with other team members within the Suite. Given the nature
of our work, this position is expected to exercise good judgment on
issues, questions, and problems that arise.
Housing and Residential Education (HRE),
Student Engagement and Leadership (SEAL), Community Standards, and
Student Transition and Family Programs
Purpose of Position:
Serve as the initial point of contact
for students, staff, faculty, parents, families, alumni, and the
general public seeking assistance from the offices within the
Student Affairs and Campus Life Suite.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Carefully, courteously and professionally listen to visitors
and guests to ensure their needs are handled appropriately and
efficiently - either by them or by referring to the necessary staff
- Provide administrative support for the departments housed in
Campus Life (Housing and Residential Education (HRE), Student
Engagement and Leadership (SEAL), Community Standards, and Student
Transition and Family Programs) and other department managers as
- Perform recurring clerical tasks as well as seasonal projects,
including New Student Orientation, Senior Week, and Family
- Coordinate the management of telephone and electronic
communications for offices within the Campus Life Suite.
- Collect and maintain an inventory of office supplies and
- Assist in the purchase and reconciliation of equipment and
supplies for student clubs and organizations.
- Recruit, select, train and supervise student workers for Campus
Life and assure adequate coverage of the reception area.
- Partner with the Senior Administrative Associate for the Vice
President and Dean of Campus Life in general office management and
provide orientation and on-boarding support of new staff to the
Division of Student Affairs.
- Coordinate the schedules of spaces in the Campus Life Suite and
make reservations for other campus spaces needed for programs and
- Assist in the creation and distribution of marketing materials
and correspondences as requested.
- Maintain knowledge of College policy and procedures.
- Support staff and areas in assigned project-based work
throughout the year.
- Collect, sort and distribute incoming correspondence (mail,
email, etc) to necessary offices.
- Observe appropriate privacy guidelines and maintain the
confidentiality of all records and information in accordance with
- Provide administrative support to key events and programs
organized by staff in Campus Life, i.e. Family Weekend, Student
Orientation Program, Housing Selection Process, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least two years working in an office environment providing
- Ability to work independently and have strong decision-making
- Dependable and reliable/team player.
- Experience with being a front line service provider.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the functions of a student affairs
- Minimum of two years of administrative support
- Previous administrative experience in a college or university
setting, and or a fast-paced work environment.
- Usual Office Conditions - Yes
- Intellectual/mental concentration, need to concentrate,
intellectually, for periods of time - Yes
- Requires the ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of
time - Yes
- Required to move/lift objects that are - Light
- Required to move/life objects - Occasionally
Grade of Position: A14N
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25
Hiring Range: $43,700.14 - $45,600.04
To apply, please visit: https://emerson.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Emerson_College_Staff/job/Boston-Campus/Administrative-Assistant---Office-Manager--Campus-Life_JR003333
Emerson College is the nation’s only four-year institution
dedicated exclusively to majors in communication and the arts in a
liberal arts context. Its main campus is located in the center of
the dynamic multicultural city of Boston, in close proximity to
major publishing houses, arts institutions, and research centers.
The college also has campuses in Los Angeles and the Netherlands.
Emerson College enrolls over 4,300 graduate and undergraduate
students from more than 70 countries and all 50 states.
Emerson College believes diversity enriches the educational
experience by providing students with the opportunity to learn from
individuals who may have different backgrounds, experiences, and
perspectives. Engagement with diversity in the curriculum, in our
co-curricular offerings, and all other aspects of the College
enhances the personal and intellectual growth of all members of our
campus community. Emerson is committed to strengthening
communities, including our workplace, by fostering the development
of the intercultural competencies necessary for meaningful
citizenship in an increasingly complex, pluralistic society.
Emerson College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender in
its educational programs or activities. Emerson has designated the
Associate Vice President, Title IX, and Clery Coordinator to
respond to inquiries regarding the College Sexual Misconduct
Policy. The Title IX Coordinator may be reached at 8 Park Plaza,
Transportation Bldg, Room 230 Boston, MA 02116; Telephone:
617-824-8999; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Clery Report
In accordance with the federal Clery and Campus SaVE Acts, Emerson
College commits to providing all current and prospective students
and employees with access to the annual campus security reports for
each of our campuses. This report may be accessed from the Emerson College Police
Information on Emerson College staff grade range