Talent Acquisition Specialist
Why Bucknell University?
Bucknell is committed to educating students for a lifetime of
critical thinking and strong leadership, and our dedicated faculty
and staff help to support this mission. We offer competitive
benefits (including medical, dental, vision, significant retirement
contributions, life insurance, disability insurance, generous paid
time off, and tuition) and provide a number of resources through
our wellness program to help support personal care and work/life
balance. Bucknell is a place where you can fulfill your personal
goals, pursue your passion, and contribute to a climate that
supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community.
Here, dedicated faculty and staff come from all over the world to
help create the best possible version of Bucknell.
Why Talent Acquisition and Bucknell HR?
As the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you would serve as the
primary strategic HR contact for an assigned portfolio of
University divisions/departments, helping to provide a balance of
high-level direction and guidance with detailed tactical
responsibilities to help attract, recruit, and retain the best
talent for Bucknell (both faculty and staff). You will play a key
role in ensuring our talent acquisition efforts support the
University's goals, actively contribute to our efforts to foster a
diverse and inclusive campus community, and effectively support a
skilled, high-performing, and engaged staff. The Human Resources
team has a weekly “huddle”, where we share information,
troubleshoot issues, and celebrate achievements, so there are lots
of opportunities to connect and collaborate with other team
members. We are fun but serious - a great team for an HR
professional to join!
What will you do as the Talent Acquisition
Specific responsibilities of this position include:
- Developing strong working relationships while gaining an in-depth
understanding of the organizational needs, strategic initiatives,
challenges, and goals of assigned divisions/departments.
- Guiding hiring managers and search committees through the
recruitment process, including but not limited to development of
robust position descriptions, identifying and implementing
effective sourcing and advertising strategies, proper applicant
review strategies and interviewing techniques, and compliance with
and interpretation of University policies and other regulatory
- Serving as a subject matter expert in the University's
Recruitment Management System (RMS).
- Utilizing the University's Enterprise Resource Platform (ERP) for
Human Capital Management (HCM) to complete the employment process
(including, but not limited to, integrations with the RMS,
hiring/terminating, job changes, etc.).
- Assisting with the development and implementation of assessment
processes to evaluate current practices and seek opportunities for
- Collaborating with colleagues in key departments to evaluate,
update, and sometimes lead the new employee onboarding and
- Providing guidance, training, and coaching on bias awareness,
ensuring that recruitment and outreach efforts, as well as hiring
procedures, embrace the University's goals for equal opportunity,
equity, inclusion, and diversity.
- Assisting with immigration and foreign national sponsorship and
In addition to the above, there are many ways you will be able to
engage with and support the Human Resources team and other members
of the campus community. Here are a few of those ways:
- Respond to general benefit questions and perform limited
compensation functions, in consultation with HR colleagues in
benefits and compensation as necessary.
- Help identify training and coaching needs for assigned
divisions/departments and help implement and facilitate those
training interventions as needed.
- Support and contribute to the University's commitment to
diversity and inclusion.
- Minimize the environmental impact of day-to-day activities and
adhere to University policies on sustainability, waste management,
resource usage, and other environmental and financial
- Participate in campus-wide or department-specific strategic
projects, committees, and working groups. Think critically to
evaluate and improve business processes, troubleshoot issues, and
ensure a holistic and efficient infrastructure.
- And, of course, perform other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time, exempt, benefits eligible position reporting
to the Talent Acquisition Manager.
Are you qualified?
In order to be considered for this position, you must meet all the
- Bachelor's degree plus four (4) years of experience recruiting
employees for various levels and types of positions (or an
equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Understanding of Human Resources disciplines, including
compensation, organizational development, training, employee
relations, benefits, and/or compliance
- Comprehensive knowledge of employment laws
- Experience with applicant tracking systems, HRIS, and Microsoft
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusiveness
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills,
interpersonal skills, and the ability to present to and facilitate
discussion with small and large groups
- Demonstrated sound judgment and critical thinking skills
- Ability to collaborate, influence, and command the respect and
confidence of campus partners and have the capacity to deal with a
wide range of relationships and situations
- Strong organizational skills; evidence of self-motivation;
demonstrated ability to plan, schedule, and work both independently
and in teams within a service-oriented organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities, as
well as administer a broad range of tasks including resolving
complaints, coaching, and counseling managers and employees on
policies and procedures
Preferred qualifications include higher education experience, a
PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP professional certification, and
demonstrated experience progressively leveraging social media for
effective recruitment and sourcing.
Please contact HR-Recruitment@bucknell.edu
if you have any questions. Applications require a cover letter,
resume, and references and will only be accepted online through
Bucknell's career site (careers.bucknell.edu). Thank you for
considering joining our team. ‘Ray Bucknell!
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496881/talent-acquisition-specialist