This position will report to
The successful candidate will provide leadership for the
development and execution of a comprehensive strategic
communications and marketing plan to enhance the University’s
leadership position, reputation, community engagement, and
This position will be based in Baghdad, Iraq.
The job responsibilities will be as follows:
- Strategy and Budgeting
- Develops, implements, and evaluates a strategic communications
and marketing plan for the University. Clear goals and metrics will
be established that addresses a variety of audiences and ensures
brand recognition on multiple platforms
- Manages key issues related to media relations and crisis
management and assumes the role of spokesperson for the University.
With overarching responsibility for championing University
communications, the Director of Marketing and Communications will
align communications to support key strategies including
international brand building, community relations, government
relations, community engagement, and research.
- Recruit, lead, motivate, supervise, and evaluate a team of
talented communication professionals to promote a consistent, on
brand, professional, and collaborative image for the organization
that helps achieve short- and long-term goals.
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the
marketing and communications program and its activities, monitor
progress, assure adherence, and evaluate performance.
- Communications and Marketing
- Reflect, articulate, and promote the mission, vision, and
identity of the University and its programs and institutes.
- Responsible for creating, implementing, and measuring the
success of a comprehensive marketing and communications program
that will enhance the image and position of the University within
the marketplace and the public, and facilitate internal and
- Manage the strategic and creative design of the University’s
marketing and communications activities and materials
- Admissions/Enrollment/Recruitment Management
- Website, social media, video, and photography production,
- Athletic Department
- Campus Life
- Continuing Education Institute (CEI)
- Institutional Advancement
- Conference Services
- Media Relations
- President’s Office
- Manage the Marketing and Communications staff – currently
consisting of a Media Advisor and Translator.
- Ensure articulation of the University’s desired image and
position, assure consistent communication of image and position
throughout the institution, and assure communication of image and
position to all constituencies, both internal and external. Uphold
protocols to ensure a uniform “house style” (uniform fonts, logos,
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production, and
distribution of all University print and digital publications.
- Coordinate media interest in the University and ensure regular
contact with target media and appropriate response to media
- Coordinate the appearance of all University print and
electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures,
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee programs, technical
assistance, and resource materials to assist various colleges,
departments, and institutes in the marketing, communications, and
positioning of their activities.
- Ensure that the University regularly conducts relevant market
research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor
- Leads special projects as assigned, such as special events,
conferences, re-branding/logo development, and capital campaign
communications plans among others.
- Any ad hoc projects as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Communications, Marketing,
Journalism, or Advertising.
- Must have 10 years’ experience in communications and
- Knowledge of social media and communications platforms.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Strong communication style and compelling, diverse portfolio,
particularly in the area of marketing and recruitment in the higher
- Ability to function with a high degree of independence and to
act very collaboratively in development and execution of marketing
and communications strategies.
- Strong competency with standard software applications, and
ability to learn new software
- Excellent planning, organizational skills, and attention to
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and creatively,
thoroughly, and confidentially; work independently under
- Strong project management skills.
Applications should include a cover letter addressing the
requirements of the position, a curriculum vita, and contact
information for three (3) professional references and copies of
degrees or certification. Applications will be accepted until the
position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening
of candidates will begin immediately.
Please apply through AUIB website OR send your application and
supporting documents to the following email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org with Karin.Jesuis@auib.edu.iq in