About Oakton Community College :
Oakton Community College, a caring community of educators dedicated to excellence in teaching and learning, seeks to fill a part time Cannabis Instructor. Applicants must be strong communicators and effective classroom facilitators who enjoy teaching in a student-centered environment.
Candidates with a commitment to working in a culturally competent environment are especially valued at Oakton.
We encourage applications from candidates who reflect the increasing diversity of Oakton's student body and community, who will enhance and promote engagement with other cultures, and have a demonstrated commitment to working with and as part of a multicultural faculty and diverse student body and community.
Located seventeen miles from downtown Chicago, Oakton serves northern Cook County with campuses in Des Plaines and Skokie, Illinois.
We are looking for qualified Cannabis Instructor. Courses are taught at the Des Plaines and Skokie campus.
Continuing Education, Training, and Workforce Development is looking to hire a quality instructor to develop and provide instruction for continuing education cannabis courses that will support the cannabis industry.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Preparation of program learning activities and instructional materials (as appropriate),
- Delivery of instruction, including being prepared for and meeting programs at scheduled times,
- Compliance with departmental and institutional policies and procedures including but not limited to submission of midterm and final grades, and Compliance with institutional procedures.
Required qualifications include:
· Associate degree with 2000 hours of experience in the field
· Knowledge /awareness of Illinois cannabis laws and regulations
· Awareness of dispensary/cultivation operations
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Computer literacy including the ability to use online tools to supplement teaching and facilitate email access
· Must be able to teach with enthusiasm and implement relevant teaching strategies to develop the skills of students.
· Willingness to support the goals of the Continuing Education division and strive to create an effective learning environment for a diverse population of students.
· Previous experience teaching/training specifically in the cannabis industry
Salary: $40 per hour
This position requires availability to teach on both the Des Plaines and Skokie campuses
This position requires availability to teach in the evening and/or on the weekends
All assignments are conditioned on sufficient enrollment. Once a course starts, the part time instructor is expected to complete the course.
Please contact Matthew Robitaille at email@example.com if you have any questions or experience problems in submitting your application.
Oakton is accessible by public transportation.
Posted positions may be removed from the Oakton website without notice when it is determined that no additional applicants are required. Once posted positions are removed from the website, no additional applications will be accepted.
Required documents for a complete application file include a completed applicant questionnaire, cover letter, resume/cv, official transcripts for the hiring credential, and 2 original, signed recommendation letters or college placement/credential file.
Interested applicants must submit their application, cover letter and resume/cv on the Oakton website. Please indicate the position code on the cover letter.
Recommendation letters may either be submitted with original signature or e-mailed directly from the reference to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transcripts may either be submitted on official paper or as pdf copies of official transcripts e-mailed directly from the Registrar's Office to email@example.com.
Transcripts and recommendation letters are required prior to appointment.
Official transcripts and original letters of recommendation or college placement/credential file should be mailed to: Department of Human Resources, Oakton Community College, 1600 E. Golf Rd., Des Plaines, IL 60016.
Oakton is accessible by public transportation.
Oakton Community College is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution, committed to employing competent, qualified individuals. Oakton Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, socioeconomic status, sex or gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation in admission to and participation in its educational programs, college activities and services, or in its employment practices.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Other Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Des Plaines